How long for Cali Grill Brunch?

10CJ

DIS Veteran
How long does this meal typically take? I get the impression you can linger. Does this cause issues for the later reservations?

Currently have it booked for noon but am keeping an eye out for an earlier time.

I would plan for 90 minutes to 2 hours. There are a variety of table configuration options so shouldn’t be a problem.

We had a later reservation somewhere around 1:00 PM and we stayed for about 2 hours. Lovely meal and we only ate some light appetizers for a later than normal dinner that evening.

We had an 11:00 and were there till around 1:00. We ate at a leisurely pace but didn’t linger afterwards and actually took dessert to go. There were plenty of empty tables if you’re worried about later reservations overlapping.

Last edited:

I was not sure if all the early reservations stayed two hours plus if it would impact those with ressies at noon or later. Sounds like that probably not an issue. Thanks everyone.

Just got back from our vacation and we did the Cali brunch on 10/28. We had 11:00 AM ressies and left ~ 1:30 PM, so we ran around 2 1/2 hours. Most of the tables around us seemed to be running ~ 2 to 2.5 hours as well.

An amazing meal that I'd easily do again ... save room for the rum baba cake station!

Just got back from our vacation and we did the Cali brunch on 10/28. We had 11:00 AM ressies and left ~ 1:30 PM, so we ran around 2 1/2 hours. Most of the tables around us seemed to be running ~ 2 to 2.5 hours as well.

An amazing meal that I'd easily do again ... save room for the rum baba cake station!

We were there on the same day, and totally agree about dessert! So good.

Our reservation was for 12:50 and we left around 2:30. Loved it! We didn't feel rushed at all and stayed to enjoy our coffee after our meal.

Is this only offered on Sundays?

Thanks.

Only offered Sunday (currently). I did brunch a couple weeks ago and was encouraged to take my time. I did (~2 hours) and didn’t see any tables turning over. Perhaps there is only one seating? I can’t wait to do it again.

Definitely give it a couple hours, especially if you're considering ordering a couple of entrees (we went that route and avoided the bread). They will typically prepare the first entree and not start on the 2nd until you're done with that, to ensure that your appetite is big enough to justify preparing that second entree. This can certainly stretch out the time you are there. As others have said, enjoy the time and definitely don't rush it!

I’m hoping to take my sweet time at the brunch. If I box up the pastries, will they be able to travel to the parks with me for a few hours? I hate to detour back to the room to drop them at the fridge.

I’m hoping to take my sweet time at the brunch. If I box up the pastries, will they be able to travel to the parks with me for a few hours? I hate to detour back to the room to drop them at the fridge.
We made sure to eat the more fragile chocolate cookies and candies while we were still @ CL or soon after in the parks as I was worried they wouldn't hold up but the sturdier goodies lasted quite a few days. By the following Wednesday we were back at home and the cookies tasted mighty good with my morning tea;).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter