How long does it take...

hkkatie

Mouseketeer
We are considering a character breakfast on our non-park day. I know there is one at the DL Hotel and at the GCH. Which is better? Are there others we should consider?

But my real question is how long does it take to walk from the Harbour side main gate hotels to the GCH or DLH? Are the Disney hotels easy to access from DTD?

I was just about to ask these types of questions! I was going through old posts trying to figure out where the Dtd entrance into GCH is lol. Hoping someone with experience can help!

From the Esplanade to the Disneyland Hotel is about 8-10 mins. Goofy's is about 1-2 mins further. It is on the west side of the hotel. Storyteller's is inside GCH. Use the entrance by Sephora and the Dress Shop. It is maybe a 6-7 min walk. Surf's Up is in the PPH. Going thru the Grand, it is about 5 mins further than Storytellers.

Storyteller’s at GCH features Pluto, Chip & Dale and a few other woodsy, less well-known characters. Goofy’s Kitchen at DLH has many of the traditional characters including Mickey and Goofy. Surf’s Up at PPH has a decidedly beachy theme and features many of the traditional Mickey & Friends characters dressed in beach outfits. They all have traditional breakfast buffets each with a themed twist. I would say Goofy’s Kitchen has the most variety and Storyteller’s is a small step up in terms of culinary quality. The closest from the Esplanade which is accessible from Harbor is GCH followed by DLH and then PPH, but all within a couple of minutes difference so not significant. If I could only choose one as a first time visitor, it would probably be Goofy’s Kitchen.

Storyteller’s at GCH features Pluto, Chip & Dale and a few other woodsy, less well-known characters. Goofy’s Kitchen at DLH has many of the traditional characters including Mickey and Goofy. Surf’s Up at PPH has a decidedly beachy theme and features many of the traditional Mickey & Friends characters dressed in beach outfits. They all have traditional breakfast buffets each with a themed twist. I would say Goofy’s Kitchen has the most variety and Storyteller’s is a small step up in terms of culinary quality. The closest from the Esplanade which is accessible from Harbor is GCH followed by DLH and then PPH, but all within a couple of minutes difference so not significant. If I could only choose one as a first time visitor, it would probably be Goofy’s Kitchen.
Thank you very much for your detailed reply!

From the Esplanade to the Disneyland Hotel is about 8-10 mins. Goofy's is about 1-2 mins further. It is on the west side of the hotel. Storyteller's is inside GCH. Use the entrance by Sephora and the Dress Shop. It is maybe a 6-7 min walk. Surf's Up is in the PPH. Going thru the Grand, it is about 5 mins further than Storytellers.
Great! Thank you very much!

PPH has a character breakfast too. Grand Californian is very easy to get to from DTD. The entrance is by Sephora and a Disney dress store, I believe. Can't remember the name of it.
It was Frozen themed two years ago. Anna & Elsa's or something similar.

A few updates-
Surfs Up at PPH will now feature Donald (used to be Mickey) as the host when you arrive. This character breakfast is one of the only places to see Stitch at DLR so if anyone in your party loves Stitch you might want to put it on your list. We've always really enjoyed this character breakfast and had great character interaction there.

Storytellers will now feature Mickey as the host and some of the more rare "woodland" creatures (often Kenai, Brother Bear, Meeko) will no longer be seen. I think folks have been told Chip and Dale will still be there but these changes are just taking effect this week so we don't know for sure which characters will be at GCH.

FWIW- I am always underwhelmed by Goofy's. The character interaction there has always been only so-so for us.

We are considering a character breakfast on our non-park day. I know there is one at the DL Hotel and at the GCH. Which is better? Are there others we should consider?

But my real question is how long does it take to walk from the Harbour side main gate hotels to the GCH or DLH? Are the Disney hotels easy to access from DTD?

Just based on the food, Storyteller's Cafe (in GCH) would be my recommendation over Goofy's kitchen (DLH). It's much better in my opinion. In terms of characters, as others have mentioned the character line up is changing tomorrow (July 10) at Storyteller's, so if character selection is more important to you, you should probably wait until later this week to find out what the character line up will be.

As others have mentioned, access to GCH and DLH from DTD is pretty easy. GCH is probably 5-10 minutes closer depending on how fast you walk.

We did a late breakfast/brunch on our non-park day. We walked from Fairfield and it took us the better part of a half hour from our room to check in, but I had forgotten to factor in that security would be busier later in the morning than it had been when we went before park opening. We had plenty of time in our schedule so it wasn't a problem, but it's something to consider. We really liked having one of the last seatings. We weren't rushed (we did Surf's Up) and had a ton of character interaction. We were also taking our time walking because it was a non-park day and I wanted to slow down and enjoy it a little more.

Security was actually worse coming back into DTD from the Disney hotel side. Did not expect that, but the security people there were much more vigilant in doing their duties, to the point they made me open my mint tin in my purse. Only time that happened in probably a dozen times through security. Again, we weren't in any hurry so wasn't an issue, but it was probably close to a traditional lunch time by then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter