How long does it take...

disny4fun

Mouseketeer
you to save for your disney trip. It seems that it always takes us 2 to 3 years for us to save enough money to go for 1 week.

Any special saving tecniques??

We usually pay for the trip in small increments. First, I reserve the campsite and put down the necessary deposit. I then send in more payments when I can. To buy the hopper passes, I go to the Disney Store and buy one or two passes at a time. That way we're not putting out a couple of thousand dollars at one time.

Everything is usually paid for about 3 months before the trip and then I only have to save spending money.

Hope this helps.

Hi - I used to wonder why we couldn't afford vacations without a lot of struggle. My DH is a railroad engineer and I am a nurse, and we should be able to do this. About 10 years ago I opened a vacation account in my credit union at the hospital. I have a set amount deducted from my pay into that account. Then when I have some extra money (a refund, a present, or a little extra at the end of the week), I deposit it in my account. I was surprised how fast it grew. And because I wanted to go on vacation so badly I NEVER used it for other purchases. One year I deposited my extra money from being "on call". Anyway, we just bought into DVC at the Beach Club Villas with my vacation savings. I brought the balance to zero (and then some - needed to use $ from our real savings). But I am at it again to save for our trip next year!
Finally, I really liked staying at the Wilderness Cabins...we could eat many of our meals there, and it really cut down on expenses. Also, we don't like going out for every meal. Then, when we did go out, we didn't worry about the cost so much!
Good Luck! Sandie B. from Freeland, Maryland

I would only add this. We too struggled a little, until we bought in to DVC. Now with monthly payments, and our accomodations are paid for in advance. Now we save for the passes, and a little spending money, (we never buy more than 4 plus 1 park hoppers). As the kids save their own spending money, as they are getting older, it becomes easier.

We live at the beach so wife & I work a couple nights a week at an amusement park on the boardwalk. She runs a kiddie ride, I drive the train. We have a ball and put all the checks into an account for Xmas at WDW. Its a great way to make extra cash & have fun at the same time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter