How long does it take to get from parking to park entrances?

dianachaney77

Mouseketeer
We will be staying offsite and I am trying to figure out how much time it will take for us to get from each of the parking garages to their perspective parks. We would like to be in line to enter the parks when they open so we can take advantage of the time before our fast passes are available. I know this can vary from day-to-day, but estimates would at least give me an idea of how early we need to leave each morning.

7 more days until our first trip to DW!!!!!

No parking garages at the Disney parks, all lots. It really would depend on how early you got there, the earlier you get the there the closer you are. Would also depend on if you walked or took the trolley. At MK you park at the Transportation and Ticket Center then have to take the boat or monorail so that would also factor in. The only park we have ever driven to is AK, we got there around 8:15 for 9 opening and it took us about 3 or 4 min. to walk to the gate but my son walks at a pretty fast clip.

Are you asking how long it takes to get from the parking lots to the park gate?

Hollywood Studios, Animal Kingdom and Epcot parking lots are all within walking distance to the gate, but each have shuttles as well. The shuttles run regularly with only a short wait between trams. Depending on your stride and what part of the lot you end up in, I'd say those parks are about 15 minutes from once you park to the security area. That line can add more time depending on if you are bringing a bag and how many.

Magic Kingdom is a bit different because you'll park at the TTC and then have to either monorail or ferry over to the MK. Between grabbing the tram and getting to the monorail or ferry and then taking the transportation over I'd wager it would be about 45 minutes.

Hollywood Studios, Animal Kingdom and Epcot parking lots are all within walking distance to the gate, but each have shuttles as well. The shuttles run regularly with only a short wait between trams. Depending on your stride and what part of the lot you end up in, I'd say those parks are about 15 minutes from once you park to the security area. That line can add more time depending on if you are bringing a bag and how many.

Magic Kingdom is a bit different because you'll park at the TTC and then have to either monorail or ferry over to the MK. Between grabbing the tram and getting to the monorail or ferry and then taking the transportation over I'd wager it would be about 45 minutes.

Yes, that is exactly what I was wondering.
This is great information!
Thank you

I've walked from MK parking lot to TTC too! I can't recall how long the walk was but maybe someone can chime in. I'm too impatient to wait for a tram when I have perfectly good feet lol

With Disney reserving the closest in parking for their up-charge special parking the walk into the park (or TTC) now takes a few extra minutes. Last August I arrived at the AK parking space at 7:20am and after a casual walk I was waiting for Security to open at 7:30a.

The time between parking at the TTC and arriving at the MK can vary depending on how long you have to wait for the ferry or monorail. Or bus. Before opening it is my experience that the monorail hasn't been running and CM's were directing guests either to the left for the ferry or off to the right to a bus. I suspect the bus would be quicker but I prefer the ride across the lagoon on the ferry. If I recall our last visit to the MK the time between parking the car and getting to the MK was about 35-40 minutes. We had just missed a ferry and had to wait for the next one.
Wishing you a pixiedust: visit!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!