How long does it take to drive from L.A. to Salt Lake City?

Brian Shepherd

Mouseketeer
I know it's about 675 miles, and I can 'estimate' the driving times, but realistically, from people who have done this in one day, how long does it take to drive from Disneyland to Salt Lake City?

I suspect I can average 75 MPH, and it will take 9.0 hours.

Anyone?

I'd say as a rough guess to allow for 12-13 hours.
Vegas to Anaheim roughly 5 hours depending on traffic. Vegas 1.5 to Arizona border. After Cedar City, Utah is a pretty boring drive, tho there is a test stretch where you can do 80mph.
Calgary to SLC is about 14 hours and its 26-27 to San Diego.
I find it's close to an hour to get thru SLC going N-S. You're likely coming in from the east so that may shorten the traffic by a few minutes.

There will likely be some experts from Utah help you with closer timing.

When I was a kid, my family would drive from Woodland Hills, CA to Ogden, UT for our "vacation". I can hear my dad now saying that it "takes 12-13 hours if you drive straight through". We would usually drive straight thru one way, and the other way stop in Vegas for a night for some actual fun. SLC is a little closer than Ogden, so let's say 12 hours. Enjoy!

Being from Salt Lake City, UT I have made the trip only twice, give me a break I am only 22! We made it straight through from Anaheim to Salt Lake on the way back from our honeymoon in a little over 13 hours and I usually go about 80. We also saw some huge traffic jams outside vegas though too, luckily on the way back it was the opposite way. So maybe it is just crammed Vegas->LA.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter