How long do you think it would take to do “everything” in Magic Kingdom?

3 days at MK to hit everything at least once and favorites a second or third time. I'd plan on EPCOT as having two days - BUT - depending on how our first day at each of the other parks went - I could see my gang opting to return to AK instead.

We have 4 days at MK planned, but since it's party season none of those days are truly full days and one of them is for the Christmas party but we'll go early as I have that extra day on my tickets to do so. We also have one full HS, one full EP, one full AK, and then one HS/EP half and half day.

Rephrasing the question to "Can you do everything in the MK in one day?" The answer is yes, and it is not that difficult. I have done it recently. The hardest part is finding a day when everything is open (no refurbs). On 5/22/17 I did all 42 attractions and was done by 4:45 PM. I don't consider the shooting gallery an official attraction although I could have easily added it.

1. Get fast passes for Peter Pan, 7DMT & Splash
2. Choose a day when there is MK morning Magic Hours, be there at rope drop. Save all "shows" until the afternoon.
3. Quickly knock off, Pooh, Barnstormer, Dumbo, Teacups, Speedway, Orbiter, Buzz, Trolley Car. I did all of these by 9AM and crowds were not there yet.
4. Head to Adventure land, do Tarzan, Aladdin, Jungle Cruise, get to Haunted Mansion, then back to Pirates. Use first fast pass for Splash. Take raft to TS Island, get off, set foot on the island and get right back on the raft.
5. Take RR to Fantasyland, hit, Mermaid, then jump to Carousel, Philharmagic, use FP for Pan, then Small World. Crowds and now present so SM was first line I had to wait in, but not bad. It's around noon. Hit Riverboat. Use FP for Mine Train.
6. Head to Tomorrowland. I was prepared to wait in line, but got very lucky and was able to snag a 4th FP for Space. It's now about 2PM and all I have left are shows and BTM. Now I'm just jumping from show to show with TTA in between. Sequence was Laugh Floor, Stitch, Carousel of Progress, TTA, Presidents, Country Bears, Tiki. Finally I went and waited inline for BTM. Hit that line at 4:45 PM. Done.

Last edited:
I think it depends on what you mean by "EVERYTHING" If you include every Main Street Vehicle, every character, every minor show (like the sword and the stone show, the jack sparrow show, the flag retreat, the Dapper Dans, etc) in addition to all the major rides and shows, you might not actually be able to do "everything" in two or three days.

We did 4 days at MK with 2 kids on a not busy time of year. We rode most of the rides multiple times but there were still some we didn't get to like People Mover and Jungle Cruise. We missed some of the small shows and missed several characters. We would go park opening to close with a few hours break midday. I think 3 days is great but you still will probably miss some if you want to do rides more than once.

This next trip we are doing 3 days MK and 2 days AK. We missed a lot at AK with only 1 day for the park. We will do Epcot and HS 1 day each. My family's not as in to Epcot. We LOVE rides.

Gosh, I don't know how long we spend in each park I guess. We stay 9 nights and plan 2 days in each park for fast pass reasons, but our schedule usually ends up with us going in the morning/mid-morning and staying until afternoon. Hitting another park at night or a late dinner.

I don't think we could do 2 full days at MK, definitely better for us to break up to a few hours here, a few hours there...usually end up there a number of times throughout trip.
Epcot we do a morning through afternoon at Future World with a stop in World Showcase, then spread World Showcase through a few evenings/nights with some Future World mixed in.
DHS we kind of bop to whenever we have our fast pass scheduled or whenever we feel like it.
AK we do a full morning to late afternoon, and then we come back another day and do late afternoon until close. And maybe another morning if we want.

I make schedules. Keeping them is another story...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter