How long do you think? FOP: 2/16/19

TangledHairDon'tCare

Mouseketeer
We just got in line for FOP. Posted wait time is 140 and TP says 128 minutes. What does the Dis think? How long will we be waiting?

How come the DIS has the hours as 8pm closing? Was it extra magic hours? DUH!!! I just looked....EMH at AK this evening! :rotfl2:

Just a word of advice, I would not trust those hours when full accuracy is needed. They are sometimes not updated when things get changed.

Well, we ended up waiting 90 minutes but they made an announcement halfway though that it was running at reduced capacity and the line slowed down a lot.

The ride is so amazing that we forgot all about the wait afterwards and agreed we’d wait 90 minutes again! I think that’s my limit though.

My family has made an exception for FOP. It is the only ride we will wait more than 30 minutes to ride. DD and I were there Memorial day weekend 2017 when it opened and we were so blown away we agreed we would ride standby anytime we were in AK and it was less than a two hour wait (for that trip). 90 minutes seems a little long at park closing, but reduced capacity explains some of it.

Interesting when people swear it’s “short” waits right at close.

I think it depends on when you go more than anything else.
I really think it would have been closer to 45-50 minutes if there had been no problems. We were moving fast for about 30 minutes and then it came to a grinding halt. Plus, it was PACKED at AK today. FOP was at a 4 hour wait the majority of the time we were there.

Interesting when people swear it’s “short” waits right at close.

I think it depends on when you go more than anything else.
Compared to the 3+ hr waits during the day, 90 minutes is short. It’s all relative. I’m wondering why it was running at reduced capacity? Tech issues or is it normal for them to do that after closing?

Compared to the 3+ hr waits during the day, 90 minutes is short. It’s all relative. I’m wondering why it was running at reduced capacity? Tech issues or is it normal for them to do that after closing?

I agree that on day like yesterday 90 minutes isn't awful. I'm just saying that people swear you can wait 20 minutes for most rides at park close.

When you have crowds like this weekend I don't think it's possible. Then you have rides running at reduced capacity for whatever reason.

ETA: I'm going to test this theory myself at AK on 3/4.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter