How long did it take to find a contract for you?

I've been looking on and off for about a year. We weren't in a big rush, so it was easy to be patient. In early November last year I found an OKW contract that was perfect. The resort we wanted, the UY, reasonably priced, and it was loaded. Offer was accepted right away but we lost it in ROFR. About 2 weeks before Christmas I found a SSR contract that was even better, same UY and also loaded, but more points and a cheaper price. Passed ROFR just before Christmas.

We were pretty lucky that we found another contract so quickly after losing the first. We didn't mind switching resorts since the contract length at SSR is longer. We wanted OKW because the rooms are the biggest and that's where my parents and my brother own, but since we got more points for less money and a longer expiration date, we're happy.

Now I'm looking for a BRV contract, but that's turning out to be way more difficult. Again, not in a rush, but if we can't get a BRV contract by October of next year, we're thinking we'll just buy CCV. We really want to own at Wilderness Lodge. Hopefully we'll start seeing CCV on the resale market next year but if not, we may just end up buying direct.

We have been casually looking at resale BCV contracts for years, once we finally decided to go for it in February it only took a couple days to find a contract that would work for us, and our seller was easy to negotiate with.

We were pretty flexible though, we go to Disney enough that we were willing to take pretty much any use year, and are confident that we can make it work. We also wanted 125-150 pts but took a contract with 160 pts, because it had a good price, and we knew that we could use the points. I am very glad that we took the contract we did, and didn't wait for an ideal contract, as there is a lot less inventory now, and I don't think we could have gotten as good of a price, or would have closed in time to plan our Fall 2018 trip.

We have been very casually looking for about the past eight months. We took the family for the first time last year, on rented points, and vastly preferred the situation to our usual accommodations...the villas are just amazing!

We were on every email list, and finally pulled the trigger after emailing a broker directly (Fidelity). We decided to start putting in offers if we found a good contract - we weren’t picky about UY, more concerned with location and point range. We also weren’t really concerned with fully/loaded/stripped. Fidelity got back to us with a perfect contract (it hadn’t been listed yet) and our offer was accepted. ROFR passed on it on the 7th. We’re now waiting on ROFR for our BCV contract (almost exact same situation)

I’ve been handling most of the “shopping,” but DW and I talked a lot about all the possible details, so if a contract came up we could jump on it with minimal back and forth. The contracts were very well priced, so we gave full-ask.

I would DEFINITELY make a connection with an actual broker instead of just relying on their email blasts - YMMV, but Fidelity has been SUPER proactive about letting us know of contracts that fit what we were looking for. I don’t know how long closing, etc. will take, but up to this point we’ve had a great experience with our broker.

Thanks everyone for your experiences. Prices seem to be s but higher lately and I haven't seen a bunch of contracts on the smaller side (looking for around 100pts at AKV) lately. I've signed up with some brokers and will stalk their sites as well with my fingers crossed.

Woke up early last week and decided we should buy a DVC resale. Researched the process for 2 days and chatted with a couple of resale companies and then made our first offer by end of second day. That one sold while we were making the offer so placed a second offer on day 3. Did not hear back from seller despite agent being diligent so made third offer on day 4 only to have the agent for offer 2 call moments later to let us know that offer had been accepted. We cancelled offer 3 and are now in ROFR.

Can't believe how quickly things are being swept up at the moment. Listings are disappearing daily and at high prices. I spent probably 20 hours on these and other boards in 2 days tying to gauge pricing, ROFR amounts etc. and got swept up in the frenzy. I likely paid $10 per point too much for our contract but it came fully loaded with a slew of banked points at AK for the next 2 years and we plan to add 25-50 points through DVC direct to get member discounts etc. so am OK with the slight overpaying.

Will definitely want to add a 100 point contract at BCV this fall / winter so hope the frenzy calms down some moving forward.

Well we officially passed ROFR on 8/21/17 after submitting on 8/7/17!

We have fallen quite down the rabbit hole since putting in our offer for DVC resale as we are currently vacationing in WDW and have since also bought 75 points new at Poly this week since my wife loves the resort and we also bought annual passes along with tables of wonderland card etc. Will have over 510 points to use in 2018 so really looking forward to things.

Hope to check out Top of the World lounge tomorrow night

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!