How late do your kids stay in the clubs/labs?

amtmommy

Mouseketeer
Looking forward to some alone time with Hubby while DD (6) hangs out in the labs. I have been peaking at some of the navagators and see that the nightlife can go as late as 1am. and the clubs / labs are open pretty late as well.

Do the kids actually fall asleep in the labs.
I was also wondering how late you comfortably left them there and enjoyed some the the adult activities?

Generally until they close. :) My DD loves the clubs and she'd much rather be there than sleep. ;)

The youngest kids do have the opportunity to lie down and sleep late at night while watching a a movie, but not the older ones...they keep them busy with activities until closing.

My little boy is like Michelle's DD -- he would be completely happy if I dropped him off after we boarded, and picked him up a week later. :p Usually, when I would go pick him up at closing, he was still bouncing around having a good ole' time. Often, we would go back and order chocolate chip cookies and milk from room service to end our day. :)

I love getting to actually live like a grownup for a whole week!! :)

-gina-

I'm hoping DS age 3 will want to stay late at the club. He loves hanging out with new kids & doing new things! On his second day of preschool last week he just trooped right in without even saying goodbye. :( And he cries when I take him home. I figure he'll be that way on the cruise too. :)

He's also into sleeping on the floor now, so a late movie sounds perfect for him.

Anyone know how late you can leave your kids at Flounders? We'll have 1 there also.

I had no problems but my twins were opposites in this department - one was dragged from the closing club and the other was back in the room after late seating watching the movie channel and ordering room service. It worked for me, though, since I felt comfortable leaving the one twin in the room since ground rules were in place (perhaps that should be another thread) and he was 9.
Barbara

My daughter is 13 yrs old and this is her 4th cruise...what usually happens is that DH and myself are sound asleep in bed and she is still at the clubs with her friends...she is very mature and I give her the freedom to stay out as long as her friends...that is the only time on vacation where they have complete freedom and you know they can't get in too much trouble!!

On our recent cruise:

"Key West? No thanks, I'll stay on the ship. Have a great time"

DS9 - "What do you mean it's 12:30? The club doesn't close until 1:00!

DS6 (as we arrive at 12:30) - "But I am playing this computer game, can't you come back later?

DD4 at 12:30 "zzzzzzzzzzzzz" as a movie plays and she is curled up on a mat!

"We have to go with you to dinner?" "Why?"

These are just a few of the quotes....................

Plan a little honeymoonin'! We didn't plan and were pleasantly surprised! It was just like the commercial. We danced

and....................

;)

Need I say more!:wave:

Our DS was 9 last year on the Magic and we had to drag him out of the club when it closed. There were a couple of night when DH and I were ready to go to sleep and had to go get him a little early and you thought we were breaking his heart.

I've heard that not all kids were like this and the parents did not get the expected adult time they wanted but if you go with lower expectations you may be pleasantly surprised.

Patti

we keep coming back. Our kids have a great time and we get time for "our" vacation too! We usually make it a point to take full advantage of the kids, including some late nights and several meals. We have a DD5 and DS9 and just as everyone else states you have to pry them away at closing time. Use them with no regrets because the kids are having just as much fun as you!

My 6 year old went to the club each evening after late seating dinner and stayed until MN or 1am. Each night, she played for a while then fell asleep while watching a movie.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter