How late can I add DDP to room only ticketless package?

jessicadisneygirl

Always planning the next trip!
Hi all! I have a room only reservation and am wondering how late (how many days before checkin) I can add the DDP as a ticketless package. I enjoy the flexibility of the 5 day cancellation window on the room only and I have seen a few discounts pop up during our time frame. I’m waiting and watching for one that fits our needs so I can hopefully do better than our rack rate. I understand that when I add the DDP it becomes a package and full payment would be due at 30 days (which is tomorrow). I assume it would then be much more difficult to make changes to the room. Can I wait until say ten or so days out and then add the DDP?

You can't as unless you are on a DVC reservation you must have theme park tickets as part of your package. So that means no buying tickets from a third party either and even if you have an Annual Pass you usually have to buy at least a one day ticket.

You can't as unless you are on a DVC reservation you must have theme park tickets as part of your package. So that means no buying tickets from a third party either and even if you have an Annual Pass you usually have to buy at least a one day ticket.
I called a few days ago and the CM easily cancelled my room only reservation and booked me a room and dining plan only package. I don’t have an annual pass and it wasn’t a DVC stay. So this is definitely an option! It was no problem

Totally untrue - I have done a ticketless page with my military tickets and my cousin did it with an ap - you have to call to do it and just tell them you want a ticketless package - will just Ben the room and the dining plan

Very strange, as the official rules state you must have at least a one day ticket unless it is a DVC reservation unless something has changed for 2019.

Very strange, as the official rules state you must have at least a one day ticket unless it is a DVC reservation unless something has changed for 2019.

I’ve been doing ticketless packages with military tickets since 2014

I never had a DVC stay and I’ve done a ticketless package with regular tickets bought at UT and with Airmiles points in 2015 and 2018 with no issue. Those can only be booked by phone and not online.

Ticketless packages that include a dining plan for the general public have been around for at least five years or so. DVC, AP holders, and military have been able to do it for much longer than that. As others have stated, you cannot do it online and it's not advertised on Disney's site at all. You can only get a ticketless package by calling and asking specifically for it.

Ticketless packages that include a dining plan for the general public have been around for at least five years or so. DVC, AP holders, and military have been able to do it for much longer than that. As others have stated, you cannot do it online and it's not advertised on Disney's site at all. You can only get a ticketless package by calling and asking specifically for it.
Sorry to resurrect an older thread, but do you get the Magical Extras card with a ticketless package, to include the mini golf before 4pm?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!