How is The Anaheim Hotel

Have you looked at the Desert Inn or Del Sol for your dates. You're looking pretty far in advance. You should be able to get a room at Desert Inn for a decent price (near $100 for 2 queens) about 6 months out. It's nothing fancy, but is closer and less conflicting than the Anaheim Hotel.

Desert Inn and Del Sol had an enormous price hike too. When we were looking for rooms in January (for September) even with AP Discount Desert Inn was $ 139 a night with AP and Del Sol wasn't far behind, $124 if I read my scribbles correct.

Yes-definitely watch Craig/Ryno's report. After I watched that it entered the "never in a million years" category.

I agree. For the amount of money being paid, I would expect more from the lodgings.

I'm not going to say that they didn't have a bad stay but I definitely wouldn't judge a place just from one review made by a team of podcasters, also saying you won't stay somewhere just because of one review isn't really a fare thing to do. But if you want to judge a place just because your favorite podcasters say it's terrible then go right ahead. When I stayed there I had no problems at all the room was clean with no extra guests in, also the staff was very friendly and helpful. The bellman/ Dorman greater everyone as they were coming in and would talk to people well they were waiting for shuttles or various car services to pick them up.

It's not just that they are "favorite podcasters" but that they paid for their stay and had legitimate complaints about their lodgings. Though, I appreciate you sharing your more positive experience, too.

It's not just that they are "favorite podcasters" but that they paid for their stay and had legitimate complaints about their lodgings. Though, I appreciate you sharing your more positive experience, too.
That's not my point I was just saying people shouldn't take their review as the be all end all and look at other reviews from other people too. The person I responded to posted the review wan said they would never stay there based on it.

I agree. For the amount of money being paid, I would expect more from the lodgings...
This is our feeling, too. We know too many people, family and trusted friends, who have given this property poor to very poor reviews both before and after the refurb and change in management. For the price paid, we know we can get much better rooms and service at other hotels just as close by. The podcast only confirmed what we already knew. If other people have good stays there, that's great. I'm not willing to risk wasting my time and money there when I know where I can have a good stay at DLR.

Last edited:
I'm not going to say that they didn't have a bad stay but I definitely wouldn't judge a place just from one review made by a team of podcasters, also saying you won't stay somewhere just because of one review isn't really a fare thing to do. But if you want to judge a place just because your favorite podcasters say it's terrible then go right ahead. When I stayed there I had no problems at all the room was clean with no extra guests in, also the staff was very friendly and helpful. The bellman/ Dorman greater everyone as they were coming in and would talk to people well they were waiting for shuttles or various car services to pick them up.
Darn Skippy their my favorite podcasters! They paid for their own stay so they aren't financially beholden to the company for a good review... And, you know, they own the Disboards and all ;)

DD and I stayed there for 4 nights this past Oct for the Halloween party. Previously we have stayed at the Desert Inn, Tropicana, and the HoJo but I could not find anything at a reasonable rate for our dates at any of them. We usually travel with DH but he could not take the days off this time. I was worried about safety and distance to the parks. The staff was very friendly, the room was clean (I did find a spider in the bathroom that scared the heck out of me but bugs can be found anywhere), the walk was very easy and I never felt unsafe.

I do agree that the rooms are not super modern (but they are spacious). Ours had an enclosed patio which would be nice for a family. Did not use the pool but there were always a few people there and it looked pretty inviting. Overall it is not my first choice (I liked the HoJo rooms but the DI&S location) but if the price is right we would stay there again.
I usually book a year out (good cancellation policies make it easy to change dates/cancel) and find great rates for the DI&S. Not sure what the SWGE opening will do to rates on Harbor (or better put - how much they will go up ;) ) so I would book early.

I looked into staying at the Anaheim Hotel and after reading several poor reviews from a variety of sites, (Yelp, Trip Advisor - and even the one from the podcaster referenced in several posts) I opted to book elsewhere and mentally added this to my "NEVER" list also. I don't think most select (or don't select) a hotel based on one poor review or opinion, I know I don't., but I don't want to gamble with my hotel. When we're at Disneyland we aren't often in our room, but I still have standards and specific items that are important to me and I would think that is true of everyone. Each hotel I've ever stayed at has a poor review here and there, but when the positive reviews far outweigh the negative I assume that is the norm and it helps me with my selection and by using this method I've never been steered wrong. I think most are just suggesting you can do better than this particular hotel especially when there are many in similar price range, walking distance, amenities, etc. that are consistently well rated and frequented by those on these boards, however if you stay here I hope you have a wonderful experience.

My wife, me and our friend stayed at The Anaheim Hotel last week for five nights. My review of the hotel is very positive. We paid about $120/night and it met our expectations. Yes, it is an older property, but the room was large and everything was in working order. Yes, there were some scrapes on the furniture and it wasn't pristine, but it worked well for our needs. A larger bathroom would have been nice, but we made it work.

The workout room was nice. There was water in the lobby. And the staff was very friendly and competent. A staff member greeted us when we arrived via SuperShuttle. It was around noon and our room was not ready. He offered to store our bags so we could head over to Downtown Disney. Picking our bags up when we returned was simple.

The front desk staff members were polite, kind and professional each time I passed through the lobby. They helped me obtain additional plastic bags for laundry, unlocked the fitness center and answered a question I had about the laundry facility. After watching the Dis review, I was pleasantly surprised at the service we received.

I would not hesitate to stay at The Anaheim Hotel again.

I would not hesitate to stay at The Anaheim Hotel again.
same with me my only complaint is about the hight of the shower head which seems to be a problem with all of the hotels I've been to in Anaheim. It makes me wonder if there is either some weird bi-law about showerhead hights in hotels or that the people in Anaheim in the 1950's were shorter then the rest of the world?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!