How is Pecos Bill?

We did CHH a couple of times last trip. The chowder is decent and I liked the lobster roll. But I really didn't like our seafood platter.

DH enjoyed Pecos Bill and went back several times when we need a quick service meal. The toppings bar is always yummy.

I don't like Pecos Bill very much either, too greasy and salty for me. I've always felt like the odd woman out.

You are definitely not an odd one out. I thought the meat on the fajita platter was inedible. FAR too salty for me to eat. The fajita platter is definitely a whole bunch of food, easily enough for two adults. I made do with using the beans and rice to make tacos with the tortillas. The meat was pretty horrific. Temper your expectations on the free guacamole as well. It's the same green substance you can buy at your grocery store's dairy dip section next to the french onion sour cream type dips. There are many more ppl that really love the place than the ppl that don't. I'd say if you like salty stuff, you'll be fine. The fajita platter is a very decent portion for two. Don't expect anything fantastic at the topping bar tho.

Hmmm. We are planning to hit Pecos Bill for the first time this year. We’ve eaten at CHH the last two years and I find it disappointing. It just didn’t seem like anything special IMO. I like Tex Mex and DD9 loves avocado so maybe it’ll be more to our liking.

We like Pecos Bills significantly more the CHH. We are also from the northeast, so there are probably some seafood snobs in our group. But we found the toppings bar at Pecos Bill to be great, we were able to expand our meals well past what it originally was with all of the topping options. We ended up liking it so much we ate there twice! We also may have liked it more than normal because we were sick of chicken nuggets. In my opinion, MK just does not have great QS options in general...

So - neither Peco's Bill or Harbor House offer outstanding food. It's just fast food in an amusement park - though better than my local Six Flags.

However - when it comes to picking between the two - they have completely different menus - so I'd pick based on what you feel like eating that day. And unless you have someone in your party that really needs to limit their walking - they aren't that far apart.

Well we do like Pecos Bill's, my daughter loves the nachos and fixings bar very much.

So - neither Peco's Bill or Harbor House offer outstanding food. It's just fast food in an amusement park - though better than my local Six Flags.

Our 6 flags (IL) is absolutely DREADFUL, although - oddly the newer taco place serves edible steak tacos with salsa. I got a tip from my boss on that one. I would have NEVER tried them otherwise. Pulled pork sandwiches and waffle fries are about as good as it gets for us.

Think a tiny step up from Taco bell and a step down from Chipotle. We love the beef nachos with queso there! Harbor house is disgusting, you couldn't pay me to eat there.

Think a tiny step up from Taco bell and a step down from Chipotle..

NAILED IT! -
Although, Taco Bell's guacamole blows Pecos Bill's away. But, I think you nailed it here. FWIW, I'd eat at a standard Chipotle before Pecos BIll's any day of the week, and I've sworn off Chipotle for about 5 years now.

NAILED IT! -
Although, Taco Bell's guacamole blows Pecos Bill's away. But, I think you nailed it here. FWIW, I'd eat at a standard Chipotle before Pecos BIll's any day of the week, and I've sworn off Chipotle for about 5 years now.

lol I agree but unfortunately when you're in the parks, food quality is limited.

DH & I checked out PB last week. It was the first time we had eaten there since they changed their menu. We had the fajitas which were great. We are also fans of CHH.

If you're eating Quick Service, it is a great place to do so. We love the layout of the restaurant, and the change to Mexican is actually pretty darn good. We really enjoyed it vs. a chicken wrap or burger. It's not gourmet. We always eat there. The nachos are a great item to buy while you're waiting for a parade too.

My family liked the new Pecos menu... We loved the old menu as well, I wish they would mix the two menus a little.. CHH was decent, I enjoyed the lobster roll

We love the nachos there with queso and the fixings bar, really tasty. We have not tried anything else there so that is all I can comment on. CHH is also good. I have had the shrimp dinner and it was enjoyable.

Pecos Bills was always a lunch stop for us, until the last trip. They changed the menu and we were absolutely unimpressed. I'm afraid we won't be going back. Tried CHH for the first time. Liked it very much.

Pecos Bill was actually better then Columbia Harbour House for me this trip, my tuna sandwich tasted a bit funny and I didn't enjoy it at all. My burrito from Pecos though was lovely!

It's our favorite QS in Magic Kingdom. Haven't had a bad meal there. I usually order the bowl (it's off menu, but if you ask at the counter they'll make it).

CHH is a no-way-Jose for us. The smell of that place alone makes both DH and I gag.

Very limited menu with little variation and average park food.

Sadly food at MK is not the best, but there are certainly better QS eats than Pecos in the park.

It would be my last resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter