• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How is March? want to go for baseball spring training

bunnymkc

<font color=FF99FF>Believes in the Tooth Fairy, th
We have never gone in March and I wanted to surprise hubby with a trip to see the Yankees spring training. I know it goes on in March and the schedule will not be released till Jan 06 but wanted to know if March is a busy month? want to wait till Jan to book and have never waited that long, maybe it would be sold out? Thinking around March 19th. let me know please..thanks marianne

March is a busy season for all of Florida and WDW is no exception. If you are looking for a studio and open to any of the resorts, you most likely will be able to snag something in January. The Yankee tickets are trickier -- stadium seats sell-out fast, usually the first day they go on sale. I think you might be able to get "lawn seating" closer to the actual date.

But, you've got a terrific idea!

We went last March and went to 4 spring training games in four cities (Lakeland, Kissimmiee, Dunedin, and Orlando (Walt Disney World of Sports). Had a great time at the first three, but about 10 minutes before gametime at WDWoS, it started raining heavily and eventually the game was cancelled. Hope to go back again as it is a really neat stadium. Purchased the WDWoS tickets from Ticketmaster and we received a refund except for postage due to the rainout.

We tried to get Yankee tickets, but didn't get onto the website until about 10:30 the first day of sale and they were sold out. Don't know what time they sold out. Anyway, I saw some on the website for sale, but they were very expensive. Approximately $150 each, if I remember correctly. Don't know if you would want to take a chance and try to pick up some from scalpers outside the stadium. They may be cheaper.

We also want to see some games close to Vero Beach and travel to and from there.

We brought our school softball team there for spring training last March, and didn't find it very crowded. We enjoyed the weather very much as there was a howling snow storm back here in New England the whole time we were there. Of course stepping out of the airport with shorts, and sandles on was a challenge.

I can't answer for your choice of spring training teams. :) We did notice there were plenty of tickets available for Braves games at WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter