How is it to campout at Christmas at Disney?

Bete

DIS Veteran
Does anyone campout in tents with kids during Christmas time at Disney? I'm trying to be economical, here but this may not be practical or reasonable.

I'm trying to help out a girlfriend on this one. We have two adults that are very tall (over 6' for mom and 6'.5" for dad). One boy over 6' (14 years old) and two other younger boys (11 and 9)and one younger girl (5 years old) comprise the rest of the family.

Do they need two campsites to fit everyone? What about the cost of a campsite. Do you bath in a common area? I need alot of guidance here. TIA

It could be very COLD!!! We were there right after Christmas this year, and there were nights were the temp was down to 32 with windchills of 23. Just because it is Florida, don't expect balmy nights! I would save the camping out until the spring or fall... unless you have a camper or stay in one of the cabins.

Check out the camping board. :) I have only camped at FW in August but we are thinking about early Jan next year. It can get cold in January.

You would only need one campsite--you can have up to 10 people per site. The comfort stations have a mens and ladies side with the laundry in between. The comfort stations are very nice, shower stalls with the attached dressing area, restrooms and a sink area.

Camping would certainly be your most economical on-site choice--other people can help you more about the weather and other tenting considerations. Just remember, if you go you'll have a great time!

96 days to go

We were camping over the Christmas break this year. We were in a trailer, however there were many tenting. I think if you plan ahead and pack accordingly you'd be okay. Have fun!!!

You can expect any kind of temperature in December but we usually go in about the first two weeks of the month and have to use the air conditioner during the day. Yes, we are in a motor home but we are almost always surrounded by tents.
Go ahead and plan your trip. You will LOVE Disney at Christmas.

Check out this site. You will like what you see compared to your Indiana weather.
http://www.weatherbase.com/weather/weather.php3?s=150227&refer=

Have spent many a xmas at FW using various camping equipment. The weather various from year to year. But when we tented we took electric blankets, long underwear and an air mattress to get us off the damp ground. It wasnt that bad, except when we had to get out of the tent. Go have a good time. FW is wonderful at Xmas, the campers bring decorations and lights that fill their sites. Each night we would take the golf cart and ride thru a few loops to look at all the decorations. WOW!! some guest go all out. You will love it.

Tent camping in early December has lots of pros going for it. You get to experience all the shows, all the parks done up for Christmas, all the campsite decorations, and possibly moderate temperatures with low crowds! (This year it was 80 degrees before Christmas - cold actually at Christmas.)

Tents themselves hold quite a bit of heat, do follow the advice of using an air mattress. You can throw a tarp over a tent to create another layer of air insulation. (Don't forget to put a 'slighty smaller than tent bottom' tarp underneath the tent too!) Some other campers here have mentioned ceramic heaters that turn off automatically if tipped over.

The comfort stations are some the best you will find ANYWHERE.

The price can't be beat anywhere else inside the World. Save money, stay at the fort, and spend your money on hot cocoa and treats! ;)

Have LOTS of fun! :bounce:

Jax

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter