How is Grand Floridian for watching fireworks on the Third of July?

bobbiwoz

I'm happy to dance with you!
We usually go to BLT, but I noticed a thread about the Poly, and I do see availability at VGF, so I can change, just for something different. We do go to Epcot for the 4th, and that reservation is in place.

I think the Poly has a better general view, or at least more good viewing areas.

You cant really see the park from the Villas. To get a good view you have to go down on the dock by Narcossee's where the boats launch for MK From there you get a great view(PROBABLY better than anywhere at the poly), just not a whole lot of space if it gets crowded. That;s my 2 cents, you can venmo it to me :)

I think the Poly has a better general view, or at least more good viewing areas.

You cant really see the park from the Villas. To get a good view you have to go down on the dock by Narcossee's where the boats launch for MK From there you get a great view(PROBABLY better than anywhere at the poly), just not a whole lot of space if it gets crowded. That;s my 2 cents, you can venmo it to me :)
Don’t they do a special Fireworks Viewing BBQ at the GF and rope off the dock by Narcoose’s for dessert and fireworks? At least they did in 2018.

The boat dock at the TTC is a good viewing spot. Not too crowded (yet) and a pretty straight-on view.

Don’t they do a special

at the GF and rope off the dock by Narcoose’s for dessert and fireworks? At least they did in 2018.

The boat dock at the TTC is a good viewing spot. Not too crowded (yet) and a pretty straight-on view.

I have eaten at Narcossee's then gone out there to watch them. However, it was not any type of 'special' night. That being said, the poly is probably just as far from the VIllas as the boat dock is!

Also at the GF would be in front of Gasparilla Grill would probably be the number 2 spot.

Was it a random night in 2018 or a 'special' night?

If you look at GFV as an upside down “T” We had a ground floor studio at the right hand end of the bottom of the upside down T (room number 1114). We were able to watch the big fireworks from our balcony without issue but the bulk of GF got in the way of the lower ones. I never worked out how to get the music to play on the tv! Maybe they don’t even do it at GFV?
Hope the picture works. Sorry if it is upside down!

Attachments

• E4159DAE-69CF-470C-90D0-77D6A5C46483.jpeg
    E4159DAE-69CF-470C-90D0-77D6A5C46483.jpeg
    78.5 KB · Views: 8
There is also a great view at the tables outside Gasparillas quick service. The music for the fireworks is piped in there.

We have done a fireworks cruise on July third one year, but usually we are at BLT. I’m seriously considering this. Thanks for all the information!

We sat at Gasparilla's last year and there were a couple hundred people, so go early if you want a seat. The only reason I didn't like it was that each time the timeworks exploded, the sound reverberated. Gasparilla's is set back, in an inlet, and it felt like all the buildings were were reberberating the explosion.

We sat at Gasparilla's last year and there were a couple hundred people, so go early if you want a seat. The only reason I didn't like it was that each time the timeworks exploded, the sound reverberated. Gasparilla's is set back, in an inlet, and it felt like all the buildings were were reberberating the explosion.
Good to know. Glad you mentioned it.

We did this 2 years ago. The villas are so close to the Poly, that we just walked about halfway down the beach that direction (sort of ended up around where the luau lets out). We had a nice little crowd (more than normal fireworks night, but still very comfortable for claustrophobic me). It was lovely with great views of the MK and the 'central' lake fireworks.

We did CCV for the 4th this year, and the view was not nearly as nice...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!