How is camping in April?

disny4fun

Mouseketeer
We are planning our first tent trip ever with our DD (9) the first week in April of 2002. How is the weather and the crowds at that time? What are the hours like then? In November 2000 we completely missed MGM so that's a must this time!:pinkbounc

april may be one of the best months to visit disney.weather in fl. is great.the only thing you may have to worry about is spring break.

I agree with vegadog2, I think it is the best month for camping, warm, but not too hot, cool at night, but not cold. Except for Easter, not too crowded if you go later in April. By then Spring Break is pretty much over.

We are going the week AFTER Easter. If that a bad week for crowds? Easter is March 31, we should arrive Saturday, March 30 or maybe Sunday, March 31 - not too sure as of yet.

That week tends to be the busiest in the parks, as most schools across the country get out for school vacation the Thursday before good Friday through the Sunday after Easter. If you look at the Hotel Room Rates, they tend to be the highest that week too. As they know schools are out, families want a vacation when the kids are out, and they can fill the rooms. My boss here at work was down this past Easter, and the following week. He said the lines were awful, in fact some of the fast pass kiosks were not giving fast passes at 11:00AM because they already handed out the days allotment. Sorry to give you the news. But, you can always relax by a pool, play some golf or 'Minni'-Golf, etc..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter