How is BCV Looking??

momoftwins

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
Have they, or are they, refurbishing the rooms - or any parts of the rooms at BCV?

The last few times we have stayed there, the rooms have been really rough looking. They were clean, but pretty worn.

Thanks!

Rooms look nice right now. Our's has the new sleeper sofa and new bed. they are touching up paint all over the place - inside and out. Carpets in our room look clean. Our balcony is clean.

If I remember correctly from my SSR budget, a wholesale refurb isn't scheduled until half way thru the resort's contract. Given that BCV is only 5 years old, I think it's going to be a while before the resort sees anything on the scale of what's happened at the Contemporary or Poly.

While they could do things to the common areas like new paint or carpet in the hallways, room condition will invariably differ from one unit to the next. Good to hear that Deb & Bill's room looks good, but I'm not sure if it's enough to guarantee that most other rooms will be in a similar state.

I agree with Deb....it's looking good. We typically stay three times/year and always observe upkeep. The white woodwork is constantly being touched up. We had a notice about powerwashing the outside during our May trip.

It has been reported that the hallway carpet didn't hold up as hoped. There are places where it is discolored but my guess is that it is by friction. It is constantly being cleaned in our experience.

Like Deb, we had new sofas in our 2BR.

There is that angled wall by the W/D that always seem nicked. I think that is a design flaw that has been eliminated in AKV.

We just returned last night from 10 days at BCV. We saw lots of painting going on both inside and outside of the villas. Our studio looked like it had been recently repainted. Carpets were being shampooed in alot of the rooms and hallways. Our studio on the third floor had freshly shampooed carpets, a new sofabed (though we did not use it), a new mattress on the bed (which was very comfortable) and a DVD player which I had not seen in studios during previous trips.

Like others have said, they are working to keep it looking nice. Everyday I was there, I saw painting or shampooing of carpets. I was impressed with the resort and had been worried before arrival after some unfavorable posts here, but all that we saw was fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter