How intense is Crush’s Coaster?

Runnsally

DIS Veteran
Hi, all. Making first trip to DLP this summer. Is Crush’s Coaster too intense for a typical 6 and 4 yo? Could someone compare intensity level to a ride at WDW? Thanks!

I think I would compare its intensity level with Expedition Everest, there are some steep drops and your turtle shell is rotating (Not constantly, depends on the weight distribution). If they don't handle going backwards well, let them sit in the front-facing seats, then at least for the beginning they will definitely face forward.

I’m sorry but I disagree. I don’t think it’s even close to Expedition Everest. I think I would compare it more to Primevil Whirl - but not as jerky. I will say though the my 7 year old was quite scared by it - there may have been tears. She has done every ride at WDW apart from ToT. But it’s really dark as she was scared of that most I think. Also it was our very first ride of the trip (as rope-dropping this is imperative) and I think she just wasn’t prepared for it. So overall I would say yes it’s ok but maybe not first and also to warn the kids that it’s dark but not scary:) Have Fun!

Primevil Whirl is a very good example. Now place that in a dark ride building, and you get an idea of Crush. We didn't find it scary at all, more of a "what just happened to us"!?!

It is a very short ride - but it does spin as others have noted. So everyone will go sideways and backwards at some point. It was a one and done for my 7 year old - he also does not enjoy dark rides (other than space mountain, which he loves for some reason).

Primeval is the one I would pick as closest. It was about 30 seconds long - I waited 2 hours (don't do that!). I barely remember anything as it was so short.

It's the same ride type as Spinball Whizzer at Alton Towers and Dragon's Fury at Chessington if you have ridden either of those? The main difference is that it's in the dark so as long as you're ok with all that, they'll be fine

If they suffer from motion sickness, it's a big NO. I do and while I enjoy riding it, I rarely do as I must take a dramamine first.

We found this to be the best ride in Paris and wouldn't miss it for the world! I can't believe they haven't brought this to WDW because it's so popular. I thought it was a pretty smooth ride and well worth the wait. I don't remember it being so short that you were left saying, "that's it?" We got off saying, "That was awesome!" I tend to get motion sickness but this wasn't supper spinny so I was good. Don't miss it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter