How I proposed to my DW

Tigger9

Mouseketeer
We had been planning our September 1999 trip to DW for almost 10 months.
5 months before the trip I knew that during that trip I would propose to her, so my planning begun. First I found the ring and choose the perfect diamond for it and had it getting sized. I also was on the lookout for a stuffed animal bear (as she collects Boyd's Bears) in a wedding gown. While we were packing a put the bear in a box and managed to get it into the suit case without her knowing.
I kept the ring in the box in my carry-on during the flight, nervously checking on it every few seconds!!! Finally we arrive in WDW, a tower room at the Contemporary. We arrived on saturday and I wasn't planning on proposing until tuesday night during e-night. I couldn't very well put the ring in the safe with fears of her finding it so I hid it deep away in the unpacked luggage.
Finally tuesday arrived!! While she was in the shower I said I was going to run down to the shops. I managed to get 2 Mickey Mouse Wine glasses and a bottle of champagne and hid them in the room before she was done in the shower. We went out to the parks for the day, came back late afternoon rested and ate, then we were off to e-night!!!
We took the elevator down to the 4th floor to get on the monorail. Once we got there I said darn, I forgot to grab extra film and told her too look in the shops and I would run back and get it. She fell for it! I ran back to the room and pulled the table in front of the sliding door and put the champagne on ice in the center, the mickey glasses on either side and the bridal bear holding a card in front of the ice bucket. I also pulled out our radio and found a soft rock/love song station and left the radio on. Grabbed the film and the ring and found her downstairs.
Off to the magic kingdom! E-night was from 7 till 10. I was careful to keep her on my right side all night as the ring box was in my left pocket. I even moved her from my left side to right side a couple times but she didn't notice. We had done all the rides by 9:00 and headed over towards the hub where we sat and talked for a bit. We then headed up the right side of the castle and stayed there for a bit. As we were walking a put my hand in my pocket and as I had practiced before I opened the ring box and slipped the ring as far onto my pinky finger as I could with the stone facing in and curled my fingers up so as to protect it. Once at the castle we talked and I told her I loved her. She said I love you too, then I said No, no I REALLY love you, she said well I REALLY love you too. I held out my hand and slowly uncurled my fingers to reveal the ring as I said Do you love me enough to marry me?
She was very excited and of course said yes!!!!! We hung out there for the rest of the night, getting some pictures together then we walked back to the Contemporary for surprise #2!
She was really surprised when we walked into the room and wondered how I managed to get that all done and I told her I forgot the extra film on purpose!!!!
We got married in Feb 2000 and are now expecting our first child in October!

That is SO romantic! I'm a softy and your story left a tear in my eye. Thanks for sharing!

And, congrats on the new baby!
:D

Man, I know how you felt with the ring in your pocket, trying to keep her on the opposite side of you! I can't believe you could wait until Tuesday to do it, I think I would have exploded if I didn't get it done the day we arrived.

:)

That was so romantic. I couldn't think of a more romantic way OR place to do it. I can only hope that I have half as good an idea when I choose to propose to my girlfriend. Thanks for sharing your story and good luck with the new baby.....will it be Mickey or Minnie?

Mickey76:)

That is a wonderful story, Tigger9! Thanks for sharing it with us! And lots of good luck and happiness to you and your wife as you await the arrival of your baby!:)

Tigger..........that was the most beautiful proposal story I've ever heard....it must have been wonderful :) THat was some good thinking. Congrats on your new baby.....just think soon you can bring the baby to WDW! I love to hear these stories......they are so romantic!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter