How I Plan a Universal Trip

When I click the link above and put in my dates I’m guessing there is no AP rate available for my dates I’m getting this in the picture below in red

Attachments

• 6C11678E-3858-41FF-8A65-5589DC45DDC9.jpeg
    6C11678E-3858-41FF-8A65-5589DC45DDC9.jpeg
    90.4 KB · Views: 29
When I click the link above and put in my dates I’m guessing there is no AP rate available for my dates I’m getting this in the picture below in red

That's right. APH rates usually come out about 2-3 months prior, so you'll just need to keep checking.

Once we know what our dates are, I create a bookmark to let me go directly to it and check every day or two. Depending on hot week and hotel, sometimes the APH rates go fast. So if you see something you like, grab it. You can always cancel later and get your deposit back (if outside the deadline at the time of the booking).

For our trip this Thanksgiving, the APH rate for the 2-bedroom suite is $114 (Wed-Sat).

Last edited:

This is so helpful. My daughter and I are planning at trip in 2022 and she wants to spend some time in Universal so we are planning 3 full days there at the beginning of our vacation. It just feels so foreign to me so I'm doing all the research I can!

We are going thanksgiving, arriving late on the 24th so staying at the nearby Marriott, the getting up early to check into HRH. I just noticed that both parks have early entry 7am all the days we’ll be there. We probably won’t get there until 8am, which park should we go to first?

Thanks for the info. Very helpful. We are planning our first ever trip to Universal Orlando in summer 2021. We have been to DisneyWorld and enjoy the "bubble" feel. It definitely sounds like it is worth at least one night to stay in one of the premium resorts just to get the express pass. I gather a one-night stay can get us two days of express pass (check-in day and check-out day). That would be a tremendous deal since there are four of us. Now I just have to decide which hotel to book. Portofino has the biggest room for four people, so I am leaning toward Portofino.

Thanks for the info. Very helpful. We are planning our first ever trip to Universal Orlando in summer 2021. We have been to DisneyWorld and enjoy the "bubble" feel. It definitely sounds like it is worth at least one night to stay in one of the premium resorts just to get the express pass. I gather a one-night stay can get us two days of express pass (check-in day and check-out day). That would be a tremendous deal since there are four of us. Now I just have to decide which hotel to book. Portofino has the biggest room for four people, so I am leaning toward Portofino.

Yes, you do get two full days of Express Pass with a one night stay in one of the three hotels that have EP.

And the best thing about EP is very little planning is necessary......you can go with the flow if you feel like it.

And Portofino is a beautiful hotel, you won`t be disappointed choosing to stay there.

Good news Portofino Hotel just reopened with Sals Deli also .
They have best pizza (also by the slice) , salads and deli sandwiches.
I will def be there this weekend ...

Good news Portofino Hotel just reopened with Sals Deli also .
They have best pizza (also by the slice) , salads and deli sandwiches.
I will def be there this weekend ...
More reason for my family to pick Portofino. The pizzas seal the deal.

Universal posted a recipe for Sal's white pizza during lockdown this spring, and it's spot on :) It's my go-to pizza sauce recipe!

I still crave the real deal, of course. It's gonna be in my mouth in just 8 days!! :D

Having a panic moment. I have stayed at HRH in the past with 3 adults and 2 minors. All in the room were registered and we paid the additional charge for the 3rd adult. The original post on this thread made me think that our 3rd adult will not get the EP. I am going next month staying at RPR with 3 adults and 1 minor....will we all get the EP? @macraven help
Marci

RP has less space than the other two premier hotels

You can request extra blankets, sheets and pillows and make a pallet on the floor for the 5th person.

You do have the option of paying for a rollaway bed which you can place near the window in the room.
It would make it tight quarters if you go that route.

I just booked one nightFlorida Rate at Hard Rock just for the early entry, parking and EP ... 12/24 plus I have The Kitchen Breakfast on 12/25 reservations .Cheaper than buying Express Pass at current holiday pricing for 4.

Wonderful post!
  1. Shop around for tickets. Savings can be found if you look around at various sellers. Our typical go-to site is ******************. But we also got great savings at visitorlando.com, on cyber monday. They typically do an extra 10% off their already discounted tickets on Black Friday/Cyber Monday so we got a great deal.
:thanks: Still a Universal newbie! Saw this "visitorlando.com" but not your go-to site ******************. :confused:
is it Under Cover T?

@sara H and all

I'm looking for Universal Tickets and have been exploring all options including payment options with various sellers.

I thought this article most useful:
HOW TO GET THE MOST REWARD POINTS WHEN BUYING THEME PARK TICKETS
February 21, 2021 Link

It discusses more than points on credit cards but also other ways to save.

Original Post

There are so many different sellers to consider when buying tickets for Universal Studios. Tax or without tax, dated vs non-dated and prices seem to fluctuate as do promotional offers. Then there's credit cards, gift cards and "maybe" cashback portals (doubtful on tickets) or apps like Dosh to consider (not saying Dosh is a contender) but you need to really do the work and math to find the best deal based on your budget. So much work! These are the players I'm looking at, your miles may very.

UCT:
  • Prices are very easy to see.
  • They accept debit & prepaid Visa & Mastercard gift cards. Several gift card offers can be found here.
  • New Offer: Save an EXTRA $5 OFF select tickets for TWO DAYS ONLY! (May not combine with other offers.) Offer ends 5/4/21 at midnight EST.
Tickets at Work:
  • Check with your employer to see if they have an account.
  • You need to add tickets to cart to see taxes & fees.
  • They accept PayPay, you can add prepaid gift cards but I'm not sure if you can split tender (pay the remaining balance with a credit card for example). I do know we purchased a refrigerator through DH work link at a significant savings and that purchase gave us points/money to buy other items including park tickets.
Orlando Informer:
  • You need to add tickets to cart to see taxes & fees.
  • Prices are comparable to UCT. +/-
  • They accept all major credit cards, including Visa, American Express, Discover, and Mastercard.
  • They do not accept traveler’s checks, personal checks, or PayPal.
AAA:
  • You need to add tickets to cart then you'll see PayPal as on option but the price will NOT show taxes & fees so go to "check out".
  • Prices are comparable to UCT. +/- by only a few dollars.
  • They accept all major credit cards, including Visa, American Express, Discover, and Mastercard.
  • They do NOT accept prepaid gift cards at branch locations.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter