How hot and humid is July for tenters

Tigger1

DIS Veteran
I am used to hot(100s) but have heard the humidity is terrible. How was it for you and where are you from.

Tigger

If you're from out West (or anywhere where the humidity is usually lower) it'll definitely be an eye opener. Not to start the old "it's a dry heat" vs humidity debate, but in my opinion humidity DEFINITELY makes for a much more miserable experience even if the temperatures don't get into triple digits, especially if it's not windy and it's stagnant. The worst thing about the humidity is when you sweat, the air is so saturated that your sweat doesn't evaporate quickly (like it does in drier climates.) As a result, you can pretty much plan on being permanately sticky. Fans help a little, but don't expect any miracles as it just cools the sweat that rapidly builds up on your skin.

We used to stay in a pop-up camper alot during the summer. Our first pop-up didn't have A/C and I don't think I'd like to repeat that experience ever again. I think I averaged 3 showers a day and I still felt funky (and I'm a Southerner and used to the humidity.) I'd personally plan on spending most of your time at the campground in the morning and in the evening when it's cooler. Then go to the parks during the hot part of the day. Since most experienced Disney park goers usually use the opposite strategy (hit the parks early and then come back and crash for an afternoon nap before heading out again in the evening) you might actually face slightly thinner crowds as a result.

Well August is horrible! Although we had a great time last year and will definatly go back to FW, I will never tent camp during the summer again! Betwee the rain and the humidity everything felt damp all week and there was no place to get out of the heat for a rest. By the end of the week I was dreading going back to the tent in the evenings.

We did see tenters with airconditioners rigged up for their tents and that would make a huge difference.

WE have had high humidity here in SW Oklahoma but I do not think its the same. Of course when in triple digets you dont spend much time outside, energy is zapped quickly.

I did see someone tent camping with an airconditioner last year. My DH wants to do the same. I thought that it would take to much space in the van nut I will be glad we have it. In Orlando, we will only be tent camping 2 nights. Friday we will be in the parks and Saturday we might go to the water parks or shopping, Sunday we are off to Vero Beach. There never is much time in Fort wilderness except on Saturday night.

Tigger

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter