How hard is Aulani to book at 7 months? Should I split points?

bananapepper

Mouseketeer
I'm 99% sure I've decided on AKL for my home Disney resort but the ability to go to Hawaii every two years is a big selling point for us.
At AKL we'd be staying in a 2 bedroom and I've heard those aren't that hard to get even at the 7 month mark. How hard would Aulani be to get a 1 bedroom during Thanksgiving 7 months out? Pretty easy or impossible?

Would it be better to split 150-160 points at Aulani and 150-160 at AKL? Or just put them all in AKL since I plan on going to Disney the most?

WWYD?

Also, thank to all the input we do want to buy resale now instead :) You guys are awesome!

It says 370 for Thanksgiving week one room ocean view. I should be able to swing that if I don't stay in a savannah view the year before in AK and bank. Would the chances be pretty good?

Based on historical reservation patterns at Aulani, for a 1BR for Thanksgiving week, you would have good chance for an ocean view, and some chance for pool or island garden view. Probability is better if arrival date is the Friday or Saturday before Thanksgiving than if it is the Sun to Wed.

As to buying half your points at Aulani if AKV will be your more frequent choice, I would not. As long as you are willing to accept Ocean View, Aulani can be fairly easy to get at 7 months out much of the year, particularly if seeking 1BR rather than studio. Key exceptions are about 11 days around Christmas and New Years and about June 7 to July 6, the two highest DVC demand times of the year at Aulani. Thanksgiving time is somewhat heavy but not like those two times. Note, however, that if desire is to get standard view, you will need to own there to reserve most times of the year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!