how fast do i need to be for standard BWV 1bdr end Oct

janischa

Mouseketeer
hi, need some advice here. Does anyone know how fast I need to be to book a standard 1 bd BWV end of Oct 2018?
I will be going with friends and we transferred extra points to my account to book their stay, but these points aren't visible on my online account and I can only book a stay via Member Services which opens one hour later. Do you think I need to stress about getting a reservation if I'm one hour later?

I also have my own member points which i wanted to use for our boardwalk view 2bd BWV, but if chances are too large to miss my friend's standard 1bd, then I can use my own points to book their stay online first; and then later use the transferred points to book my stay (from my side i wouldn't mind too much if i had to trade in my boardwalk view for poolside view, so i know one hour won't make a lot of difference to availability). If possible though i'd prefer to keep the points separate.

thanks for your advice

the 1 BR will be easier than the 2 BR as there are no 2 BRs at BW, only lock offs and studios go very fast. Good luck.

Are your friends points at BW? If not you will need to wait until 7 months.

If you have the points can't you do online at 8 and book the first 3 nts for your 2 bed and then book 3 nts for the 1 bed. then at 9am or the next day call and finish your ressies with the transferred pts.
I think this is right.

At 7 mos? If so, No. A 1 bed at BWV will not be avail 1 hr past. For this (late) October trip I booked a 1bedroom at BLT becuase I hesitated in indecision for 5 minutes, went back and 1 bed (which was all that was left) was gone.

See attached spreadsheet - 2015 data. If you wait until 7 months, likely gone. Good luck.

Attachments

• Blank-1-4-3-3-1.pdf
    57.7 KB · Views: 21
hi, need some advice here. Does anyone know how fast I need to be to book a standard 1 bd BWV end of Oct 2018?
I will be going with friends and we transferred extra points to my account to book their stay, but these points aren't visible on my online account and I can only book a stay via Member Services which opens one hour later. Do you think I need to stress about getting a reservation if I'm one hour later?

I also have my own member points which i wanted to use for our boardwalk view 2bd BWV, but if chances are too large to miss my friend's standard 1bd, then I can use my own points to book their stay online first; and then later use the transferred points to book my stay (from my side i wouldn't mind too much if i had to trade in my boardwalk view for poolside view, so i know one hour won't make a lot of difference to availability). If possible though i'd prefer to keep the points separate.

thanks for your advice

If I assume correctly that you are booking at the 11 month window, I agree with _aurorborealis_. Call MS for the 1 bedroom standard and book your 2 bedroom Boardwalk View online when the window opens. You shouldn't have an issue getting the 1 bedroom, but you might have an issue if you wait an hour to have MS book the 2 bedroom Boardwalk view. (Plus the phone lines will be busy. Be prepared to wait).

We've not ever had any trouble getting a 1 bedroom standard view during early December by booking at 11 months. Early December is arguably the highest demand period of the year for DVC bookings.

Can't you book the first night (or more) in the 2BR online, then book at least one night in the 1BR online, then call MS at 9am to complete both bookings? If you secure the first night, you can add the rest on at 9am.

You could even walk the reservation a day or two at eleven months out. Then call back on the actual day you would have booked and cancel the first nights you don't need and add the nights at the end you do need.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter