How far to Inventions from Disneyland Park?

mala55

Mouseketeer
I’m considering making a reservation at Inventions. We are only at the parks for 1 1/2 days with Half Board, but I don’t want to take up too much time getting to and eating meals. Inventions looks appealing and it will be my birthday, however how much time would we use up getting back and forth to the parks for dinner. The parks will be open until 11pm when we are there.

Are there any good family table service restaurants in Disneyland Park?

Thx.

Hi @mala55! I'm glad that your family is going to spend some time at this wonderful Disney destination!

Regarding the “familyness” of the TS restaurants, may I ask how old are your children? Do they usually dine at table service restaurants? Are they interested in princesses, pirates or characters?

I would say all the TS or buffet restaurants are “family oriented”, as long as your children are at ease in restaurants. I don't know where you're from, but one thing to consider is that service is SLOW in France, and is SLOW AS HELL in Disneyland Paris, because tips are actively discouraged. (If you're coming from the US and try to imagine how slow it can be, it is WAY SLOWER that what you can imagine.)

That being said, some restaurants are nice because of the characters interaction: princesses and princes at L'Auberge de Cendrillon, Jack in his Pirates restaurant, various characters (including some of the big five) at Inventions and Café Mickey.

Specifically, regarding Inventions, since it is a buffet, the SLOW factor will only apply to your drinks being served at your table. Its location cannot be beat: imagine that your table will be at most a few feet from the Main Street, U.S.A train station. The restaurant is located in the Disneyland Hotel and directly overlooks the park entrance. You cannot actually see Town Square because of the landscaping, but you can almost touch the trains from your table, and you get a decent view of the castle. While it's not actually IN the Parks, it's at most a five minute walk to the park entrance.

I think Inventions will work for us,if its that close. My daughter is 12, but is a very picky eater....chicken fingers and fries only, with the occassional mozzarella stick. I'm hoping a buffet may have something close, although it seems as these are not typical in DLP. If nothing else, she will eat rolls and desserts.

The slow service will be the death of me, but we are packing our patience and managing our expectations.

My daughter is getting a bit old for for the characters, but would enjoy the Fab Five (so would me and my DH)!

Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter