• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How far timewise is universal from wdw

cottontail

DIS Veteran
Hi: Can anyone tell me approximately how long a drive it is to universal studios from wdw. Thanks,

Deb.

I really depends on I-4. If you catch I-4 at a really good time about 20m minutes. If during ruch hour 1-3 hours. Ruch hours are normally from 7 - 9 am and 3:30 - 7 pm. I was told that there is a lunch rush hour but I have never seen it. The time also depends if there is an accident, for some reason if there is one people only want to drive 2 MPH.

Dont let the 1-3 hours scare you.

We went in August left at 800 am on I4, and got to the Universal lot maybe 820, 825.

Yes there was traffic, but nowhere near as bad as it is Philly...

We left around 6 ish, and it was maybe a 20 minute trip as well.

I avoid I-4 and take turkey lake road which turns into palm parkway, it brings you to lake buena vista. I say about 10 - 15 minutes to get to downtown disney area.

If during ruch hour 1-3 hours.

Well no wonder I've managed to keep my times on I-4 to 3 since I moved here 7 months ago!!! LOL

Makes going up I drive sound like a picnic!!!

Karen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter