How far in advance should you reserve for Discovery Cove?

westjones

DIS Veteran
I think we have finally decided to take our twins to Discovery Cove in September when we are in Orlando for thier birthdays (we are going on the a 3 day Disney Cruise later in the week).

How far in advance do we need to make reservations?

Is this an all day thing? I know the dolphin swin isn't, but I mean being there at the Discovery Cove park.

Thanks,
DJ

Well your trip to Discovery Cove is what you make of it.. some people go for a few hours.. but we were there from the opening minute, to when they had to kick us out! (Very politely of course..;) )

As for as far in advance, I guess it depends on what time you are going on your cruise. Remember the Discovery Cove includes a seven day pass to SeaWorld as well, don't forget to utilize that.. (You can use it before your day at DC!, just bring your confirmation paper!)

How old are your kids? Are they old enough to do the swim? I saw some small kids looking a little bored there, but they were infants/small toddlers...

We hung out at the sting rays , bird aviary, snorkled, ate, dolphin swim, relax, more sting rays, snorkled in the coral reef, hung out in the lazy river, relaxed... it was amazing...

We are going in September, probably the 15th. We can use our Sea World passes for the two days after our swim (the cruise leaves on the 18th). My girls will be 10 that week and they are both good swimmers, so they will probably love it.

DH likes the idea too, we are going to WDW next month, and he says he can only handle the 'parks' once a year. I said I didn't want to drive all the way to Floriday and do nothing except go on a 3 day cruise (it is a long drive just for 3 days). So that is when I came up with the idea of Discovery Cove. He likes the idea and is finally looking forward to our second trip to Florida this year.

Thanks for all the info! How far in advance did everyone make their reservations?
DJ

I would buy them as early as possible - we bought ours online in the January for our August trip - but the price increased in the meantime so although we paid early we saved by not paying the increase.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter