How far in advance do you need to book??

Susie-Q

Earning My Ears
Wow!! Am I glad I stumbled across this new board!!! Perfect timing! I was wondering .. how far in advance do you have to book a Fairy Tale Wedding? I had heard that you needed to book about 2 years in advance. Although I don't know how reliable the source is. Is this true???

We had a session with the staff at the wedding pavilion and they suggest a year but they said they have done perfect weddings in 3 months.

Steve

We booked out date a little over a year in advance and had the pick of the venues that we wanted from the beginning. If you have your heart set on a certain venue for your reception, welcome party or your ceremony, I'd book a year ahead. The actual heavy-duty planning didn't really get into full-swing until about 5 months before the wedding. The last couple of months we had lots of decisions to make, but none of the planning seemed stressful whatsoever. Disney made *everything* very easy on us. The only vendor that we decided to go with on our own was our photographer. We used Christopher Yates Photography, and they did a great job.

Laura

Susie,
At one year to the day of the date you want your wedding Disney can check availability and tentatively schedule your wedding. Nothing is guaranteed at that point. Also, it's a good idea to tell them at least the day before the one year mark so they will have your request on file--just call the Fairy Tale Weddings department and they can explain that in detail. At the 8 month mark they reserve your date and time and guarantee prices. Hope this helps you!
--Elisabeth

actually, although you sign your contract at 8 months, prices aren't guaranteed til 6 months out.

For a Custom Wedding, you need to give at least 1 Month before the event date. For an Intimate Wedding, it is 1 week. Though depending on the time of year, you may find it difficult to get the locations you want at that short a time.

Disney Weddings are not something that can be really planned far in advance, just because of the way Disney works. When you call, you get assigned a Sales Manager, who helps you with the initial planning and can answer a lot of your questions. At the one year mark, Disney will place your request for date, times, and locations into the system. This will tentatively hold the date for you.

At the 8 Month Mark is when you can first sign your contract with Disney. If more than one person wants the same date/time/location, Disney will do a lottery to see who gets the date/time/location. I have heard a few brides who had to do this on really popular times of the year, but I had no time securing my date/time/location - even when I need to move my date five and a half months prior to my wedding date. Once you sign your contract and pay your deposit, your date/time/location is secured.

At the 6 month mark, your prices are guaranteed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!