How far in advance do you have to book?

I just booked for February and also noticed that the CM did not say anything about the price possibly changing. I'm not saying it won't change, but just found that interesting.
The CM was the same when we booked, I thought the same thing.

On the price change...I booked my August 2018 trip on March 26 2017..I was quoted a price...I paid the deposit..then I asked the CM if my MDE would be updated or would I get an email or statement with the new price when they came out for 2018? ..she said no the price I was given would not change/ increase..I said huh..really?? and she said nope.....Soo I'm just waiting and watching to see if she is right or not
And as I stated before, the CM asked my DS if he wanted to "lock in" those prices.
It will be interesting when the new rates come out. I will keep everyone posted when the rates come out.

Just going to give a update. We called Disney today to find out the balance on our vacation account and it was exactly what was quoted us in March, 2017. I just looked at disney website for the same dates we are there and for the same thing right now is $84 more than what we were quoted, I take it new 2018 prices, so I guess our rates when we called in March 2017 were locked in.:cool1: Thank you Disney, I knew there was a reason we booked that early.

Do you find you need to call at the 499 day mark for Christmas week?

Absolutely!
Ds4angels Consider that WDW is the premier FAMILY vacation spot in the nation and occupancy (And rates) jumps the day after schools let out. Making those reservations as soon as you can only makes sense. I use a TA and give her my dates for then 18 months out and somehow she gets them she may have to get one day at a time but she gets them

Interesting indeed, tiggerdad. This would represent a change in business practices (or system limitations).

Bama Ed
Ed like you and Ole Tiggerdad I was at first a tad taken back by Rajak's post but did go back several times and re-read it and put everything into context
Recently they checked on the BALANCE for a trip BOOKED in March 2017. The balance between then and now was the same but under current pricing the same trip would be an additional $84. Remember price quoted at time of booking is for prices listed at time of booking and get locked in once deposit has been paid. Remember DISNEY has a habit of raising prices as often as 3 times a year. Rajak locked their price in in March 2017 when the deposit was paid. At least I thunks how that worked Might need to ask them to type slower most know I can't read fast.

Just going to give a update. We called Disney today to find out the balance on our vacation account and it was exactly what was quoted us in March, 2017. I just looked at disney website for the same dates we are there and for the same thing right now is $84 more than what we were quoted, I take it new 2018 prices, so I guess our rates when we called in March 2017 were locked in.:cool1: Thank you Disney, I knew there was a reason we booked that early.

Do you mean to sound condisending? Yes I realize that its very popular, but wasn't sure it you miss the 1st day you'd be completely out of luck. On the boards there's "common" knowledge, that isn't really so common in the real world. So how many campers truly know they can book 499 days out, was I guess more the question I should have asked
I'll be sure to mark it on my calendar.

Ed like you and Ole Tiggerdad I was at first a tad taken back by Rajak's post but did go back several times and re-read it and put everything into context
Recently they checked on the BALANCE for a trip BOOKED in March 2017. The balance between then and now was the same but under current pricing the same trip would be an additional $84. Remember price quoted at time of booking is for prices listed at time of booking and get locked in once deposit has been paid. Remember DISNEY has a habit of raising prices as often as 3 times a year. Rajak locked their price in in March 2017 when the deposit was paid. At least I thunks how that worked Might need to ask them to type slower most know I can't read fast.

I'll try to clarify some of this, and type just a tad slower, :lmao:and use some real numbers. We booked premium site in March 2017 for July 12-23, 2018. At the time, total price was $1622. Deposit was $140, (always had to make a 1 night deposit) We have booked this far in advance before and I would swear that we were told that if the rates went up in January, (typical time that campsites went up) that our reservation would be adjusted to show the new price. IE: price I was quoted was March 2017 rates and in January the rates raised for 2018. So we called Saturday to find out the balance on our reservation and were told the balance was $1482, ($1622-$140), so out of curiosity, (we all know what that did to the cat, :rotfl2:) I went to WDW website, typed in the same dates, July 12-23, premium campsite, campsite only, total price for your stay $1706. My DS booked a campsite at the same time, (March 2017 for July 2018) we are traveling together, I had warned him that the price would probably change after January 2018, and he told me that they asked him if he wanted to "lock" those prices in. Maybe a change in policy? I like it, almost like getting one night free, (saved $84 by booking early). Hope this clears up some things, if not let me know and I will try to clarify. :thumbsup2

Do you mean to sound condisending?

I'm sure FtW Mike wasn't trying to sound condescending, Christmas week and New Year week is the busiest time at WDW. Campground reservations are hard to get, I just typed in Dec 17 to Dec 28 and only available is tent sites. So yes if I were getting reservations for Christmas, I would do it at 499 days out. Remember, the 499 days is from when you check out, not when you arrive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter