How far do you drive per day when towing?

RWC Congrats. That is a big deal. Happy to see you are learning to drive the RV on the Garneska plan. We'll have to see How h much PULL she has with the Sitting LITTLE OLD LADY FROM PASADENA to get you a membership in The Anaheim, Azusa, And Cucamonga Sewing Circle, Book Review and Timing Association

I think the non potty breaks are worse, you get i have to go to the bathroom, then you stop and the bathroom is too messy so i can't go. Now you need to find another spot.........

I make them use commode in camper unless its a rest area. This way there's no wanting snacks or drinks while using commode in store.

I make them use commode in camper unless its a rest area. This way there's no wanting snacks or drinks while using commode in store.
Its still hard for me to remember we have a TT now, so we had to use rest stops with the pup. Now you are correct, we do have a toilet!

RWC Congrats. That is a big deal. Happy to see you are learning to drive the RV on the Garneska plan. We'll have to see How h much PULL she has with the Sitting LITTLE OLD LADY FROM PASADENA to get you a membership in The Anaheim, Azusa, And Cucamonga Sewing Circle, Book Review and Timing Association

Oh, I did not drive that hour Mike, it was a bit more tongue in cheek that we can at least "make it" to the campgrounds an hour away. I will be helping tow on our next big trip though, pretty much anything over 3 hours I'll jump in to help but have not yet. We are debating on a beach trip or an Arkansas trip this July. May have to flip a coin.

We will be using the camper toilet on the road though- they can grab a granola bar out of the camper if needed so no snacks bought for $20 a pop at the store. We LOVED having our own bathroom this weekend, especially since the rest of the family complained about it being a mess and running out of tp. We will use it freely, but most likely still shower at the CS still.

Still only get 9.4 mpg though. Owie.

Oh, I did not drive that hour Mike, it was a bit more tongue in cheek that we can at least "make it" to the campgrounds an hour away. I will be helping tow on our next big trip though, pretty much anything over 3 hours I'll jump in to help but have not yet. We are debating on a beach trip or an Arkansas trip this July. May have to flip a coin.

We will be using the camper toilet on the road though- they can grab a granola bar out of the camper if needed so no snacks bought for $20 a pop at the store. We LOVED having our own bathroom this weekend, especially since the rest of the family complained about it being a mess and running out of tp. We will use it freely, but most likely still shower at the CS still.

Still only get 9.4 mpg though. Owie.

My hat's off to you, girl. I do NOT drive/tow. I tried it once on an interstate and made it 5 miles, pulled over to the side and collapsed into tears. It was just so stressful.

nDH and I have decided that he drives and I'm in charge of logistics, snacks, going inside if you can't pay at the pump, and walking the dog. In short, he gets in, drives, and pumps fuel. The rest is mine and I'm just fine with that!

I know that if I HAD to (ie he physically couldn't) that I probably could do it, but we'd be on side roads doing 25 MPH!

PS, my vote is for the beach. There's nothing like being in your own 'home on wheels' and hearing the surf and smelling the salt. The sand's a pain, but we have an outside shower round the back side to rinse off with and keep a towel hanging from the swing-out door handle. It's totally worth it!

Typically I do 2 10 hour days and a shorter day on the day I arrive. Last time I drove 2 14 hr days and it killed me! Because I have a popup, I feel a bit better stopping at a motel instead of a campground...unless I can guarantee I arrive by dinner. My problem is, I have a power lift and it's noisy AF...so I can't sneak out of a campground at 5 am.

Typically I do 2 10 hour days and a shorter day on the day I arrive. Last time I drove 2 14 hr days and it killed me! Because I have a popup, I feel a bit better stopping at a motel instead of a campground...unless I can guarantee I arrive by dinner. My problem is, I have a power lift and it's noisy AF...so I can't sneak out of a campground at 5 am.

Yeah I kind of don't sneak out at 5am, more like 4am and well hope your a deep sleeper when my TV roars to life. I try to coast out quietly, but only so much one can do.

I try as hard as I can. However, when I leave the fort, I have to be on the road no later than 6 otherwise it's too short of a day.

I try as hard as I can. However, when I leave the fort, I have to be on the road no later than 6 otherwise it's too short of a day.
Same here. I drive straight through on the way home, 1000 miles, about 16 hours. Leaving after 7 gets me home pretty late.

I will pack everything up the night before and will even hitch up if possible. All I have to do in the morning is pull in the slides and pull the power cord. We are generally pretty quiet, but I'm not waiting until after 7 am.

j

...However, when I leave the fort, I have to be on the road no later than 6 otherwise it's too short of a day.
...I drive straight through on the way home, 1000 miles, about 16 hours. Leaving after 7 gets me home pretty late.
I will pack everything up the night before...in the morning is pull in the slides and pull the power cord. We are generally pretty quiet, but I'm not waiting until after 7 am.
Yes, long days behind the wheel, or just getting that early start to beat traffic, is on every driver's mind. I get that and I do that myself at times (requires spousal approval, however).

The Fort is a different kind of campground in many ways. Generally, there's more space between sites, there are trees and vegetation to help dampen sound, and besides, Disney Transit starts at 6 A.M anyway announcing the beginning of another Magical Day, er, make that another Face Mask-Social-Distancing Day. It is NOT your standard "pack-'em-in-like-sardines" with "sites-too-close-to-afford-any-privacy" kind of a campground.

I'm guessing if you leave the Fort early you probably aren't disturbing your neighbors significantly, as you would when departing a "standard," less spacious campground. Heck, at other campgrounds a neighbor who is NOT noisy at 5 A.M. but outside preparing breakfast is more disruptive to me with the very appealing, and extremely desirable, aroma of bacon cooking on the grill! That gets my attention faster than a little squeaking from a departing RV.

Our popup crank sounded like an old boat trailer...so we could never set up discreetly either. Our hybrid is much easier.
That said, we are normally "check out time is 2 so we pull out of our site at 1:59" types.

Our popup crank sounded like an old boat trailer...so we could never set up discreetly either. Our hybrid is much easier.
That said, we are normally "check out time is 2 so we pull out of our site at 1:59" types.

Yep, that's us at the Fort! We're usually 'gone at first light' at most other places, but we want to squeeze every possible moment out of our stay at FW. We set our first travel day at about 5-6 hours so we don't have to leave until 11am.

Yep, that's us at the Fort! We're usually 'gone at first light' at most other places, but we want to squeeze every possible moment out of our stay at FW. We set our first travel day at about 5-6 hours so we don't have to leave until 11am.
I did the same, but mostly to recover from the park days and get some rest in!

I did the same, but mostly to recover from the park days and get some rest in!

That's us too! We tow from No Calif and the first two times we headed to the Smokies for a couple of weeks R&R after our hectic Disney Daze, oops, I mean Days!

Next year, Good Lord willing and the creek don't rise, after FW we're heading directly to the Florida Keys for around 10 days to relax. The RV parks there are more expensive than FW!!!!

Next year, Good Lord willing and the creek don't rise, after FW we're heading directly to the Florida Keys for around 10 days to relax. The RV parks there are more expensive than FW!!!!
Look at Bluewater Key RV resort. Gorgeous! Loved that place!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!