How engaging is the 7 dwarves mine train queue for a 3.5yo?

Would you wait in the mine train line for an hour with a 3yo?

• Yes absolutely it’s so fun!

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Yes but bring snacks there will be whining

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Probably not, check for shorter lines

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • That sounds excruciating, don’t do it!

Votes: 4 26.7%

• Total voters

Gafnorin

Mouseketeer
So we’re headed to the world for Halloween time! So excited, FP’s picked, etc

We don’t have a FP for mine train and I’m not sure if I want to brave the line with a 6.5yo and a 3.5yo. Lines look like they’ve been running about 60 min. I hear it’s an interactive line so I’m wondering if it’s enough to keep the little one enagage long enough to get on the ride? He’s tall enough at just 38 in.

He’s very hands on and likes to explore. Doesn’t like to sit still or stay put too long unless entertained.

How do kids do in the queue? Is it worth it?

Thanks!

I would say no. And that goes for any ride, not just 7DMT. As a general "rule", we don't do any lines that are longer than 30 minutes with our 3 kids. Our oldest is 11 so if he wants to wait in a longer line for one of the coasters, my husband might go with him but that's only if it's something he hasn't already rode and won't have another chance to ride before the trip is over.

With a 3.5 year old, I would say it's not worth it. I think the queue is "interactive" but that only goes so far. I also have a 3 year old and we are going to rope drop most days on our upcoming trip. We'll do the rides we don't have FP for early on and get them out of the way. Then do FP's and lunch and then a break. I would say at that age, it's really about is it going to be "worth it" for you? Sure, he'll like the ride but he'll probably like swimming in the pool just as much!

We've only ever done a FP+ for 7DMT so I can't really speak to our interactive the whole queue is but by the time the lines combine I can't think of anything that would keep kids that age entertained for that long. Personally we think it's a fun ride but we would never wait that long for it..Only time we've waited over an hour was when they shut it down due to lightening one time and we were literally like 10 back from loading. Since it was pouring we decided it was just as well to stay in there to wait out the storm and be first in line then to start over and lose our FP.

Thanks! How hard is rope drop to mine train w kiddos? I doubt I can run but we can push them in the double stroller. But I don’t want to make it painful OR get their hopes up.

I may just get my FOMO in check and save mine train for when they’re older and I can get a FP.

Mine Train is fun but I probably wouldn't do it again without a fast pass or a short line. There are a few cool interactive things in line but they are spaced out so you might get to play for a minute and then wait 10 minutes before you get to the next thing. In the end the ride itself is SO short that it doesn't seem worth it to wait a long time for. If you think you'll be back again in the future I would just skip it this time and wait for a fast pass or a 30 minute line.

Thanks all! I feel better about skipping it. We have FP for space mountain, splash mountain (6yo is very excited) and haunted mansion (my must do and figured it may be harder to get so close to Halloween) and it looks like there’s plenty for 3yo still with all the dark rides and shows. I think we’ll just stroll through the gates when we get there and watch the throngs of people race to fantasyland as we leisurely make our way to Tomorrowland, maybe meet buzz, do Buzz Lightyear spin, the speedway, have some brunch before our space mountain fastpass.

Last time I went my daughter was 1 so we had no expectations for thrill rides and had a great time. I especially remember sitting w her in the tiki room pre show area (I think. Neat little water and light show) and we were the only ones there. It was like a little secret.

Hi,

I would say if your kids are usually really impatient (as all kids are) then you should probably skip it. However, last year I was planning to skip it but my 7 year old seemed very intent on riding despite the line (about an hour) and it was no problem. He even made a friend while waiting! The que was engaging enough that there was stuff to do and look at while waiting. If you will be with another adult, maybe take the 6 year old if they want to do it and see if they can watch the 3.5 year old.

Also, unless you don’t have anything else to do, you might want to pick something other than the Tomorrowland Speedway, our kids found it a bit underwhelming (the PeopleMover is cool though!)

Have a good trip!

Hi,

I would say if your kids are usually really impatient (as all kids are) then you should probably skip it. However, last year I was planning to skip it but my 7 year old seemed very intent on riding despite the line (about an hour) and it was no problem. He even made a friend while waiting! The que was engaging enough that there was stuff to do and look at while waiting. If you will be with another adult, maybe take the 6 year old if they want to do it and see if they can watch the 3.5 year old.

Also, unless you don’t have anything else to do, you might want to pick something other than the Tomorrowland Speedway, our kids found it a bit underwhelming (the PeopleMover is cool though!)

Have a good trip!

Thanks! I may try rider swap for 7dwarves during the MNSSHP if the 6yo wants to do it. Currently they don’t know about it so won’t miss out. Good to know about the speedway. I figured fun for the 3yo to drive. Maybe if it’s a really short wait.

I think I may be the odd one out here, but when we went we also didn't have a fastpass for it but managed to be first in line thanks to a PPO reservation. We went straight on the ride with no wait and honestly it was just alright. I wouldn't have waited more than 15 minutes to do it to be honest, it's over SO fast and to me just not worth waiting an hour for. In fact I don't know that I would even TRY to get a fastpass for it next time. To me it was just meh.

I think I may be the odd one out here, but when we went we also didn't have a fastpass for it but managed to be first in line thanks to a PPO reservation. We went straight on the ride with no wait and honestly it was just alright. I wouldn't have waited more than 15 minutes to do it to be honest, it's over SO fast and to me just not worth waiting an hour for. In fact I don't know that I would even TRY to get a fastpass for it next time. To me it was just meh.

Yay thanks!! I’m leaning towards don’t bother as well. What’s a PPO reservation?

Thanks! I may try rider swap for 7dwarves during the MNSSHP if the 6yo wants to do it. Currently they don’t know about it so won’t miss out. Good to know about the speedway. I figured fun for the 3yo to drive. Maybe if it’s a really short wait.

You should have said up front you have party tickets. You should definitely do 7DMT during the party. The line always goes MUCH faster than the posted wait during the party (I assume because there are no FP+ riders filling up the trains, so the standby line goes faster). When we went during the Christmas party, there was a one hour posted wait and from start to finish it took around 20 minutes. The kids had fun with the interactive features and the line moved very quickly.

You should have said up front you have party tickets. You should definitely do 7DMT during the party. The line always goes MUCH faster than the posted wait during the party (I assume because there are no FP+ riders filling up the trains, so the standby line goes faster). When we went during the Christmas party, there was a one hour posted wait and from start to finish it took around 20 minutes. The kids had fun with the interactive features and the line moved very quickly.

Oh wow good to know! Does that go for all the rides? We have MNSSHP tickets on Halloween! So I’m expecting craziness.

Oh wow good to know! Does that go for all the rides? We have MNSSHP tickets on Halloween! So I’m expecting craziness.

Halloween will be busy for sure, but we had the very last Christmas party before Christmas last year and had short waits on all rides. The crowd get INSANE for the characters, parade, shows, fireworks etc., because those are unique to the party, but since everyone is waiting for that, the rides were actually pretty much walk-on.

We went over Easter. My daughter and her boyfriend had a FP for it. They waited in line about 30 minutes even with FP. The standby line was 200 minutes. They had fast passes for another time during our trip and cancelled them. They said it was not worth it to stand in a 30 minute line with FP

We don't put our kids (4 and 2) in any line over 20-30 minutes. Just not worth it for us, but everyones kids are different.

It depends on your kids. My older daughter at 3.5 was willing to wait 30-60 minutes for certain characters (Elsa, Anna and Joy and Sadness), but I am not sure my younger one could be so patient. The interactive queue is fun but there are large swaths of the queue that are just standing in line.

We went over Easter. My daughter and her boyfriend had a FP for it. They waited in line about 30 minutes even with FP. The standby line was 200 minutes. They had fast passes for another time during our trip and cancelled them. They said it was not worth it to stand in a 30 minute line with FP

Holy dang! I would definitely not wait 200 min for any ride. I think my kids will have more fun at the splash and soak station. Or anywhere. Maybe I’ll take advantage of the fact that everyone else is in the 7 dwarves line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter