How early is too early for walking a reservation?

Yes, I started trying, but no I don't have a reservation yet. So, I can't get 5 days in a row right now. I called MS to ask if they could reserve the first two as standard studios and the last three as club level. That's a no-go. I thought the booking window opened at 8 am eastern time? But, when I got up at 6:50 central time today to check, I was already into the 19th. So, does booking start at 7 am eastern? Or midnight perhaps? Anyway, MS told me there is one studio available starting on the 20. My plan is to try tonight at midnight eastern and again at 6 am central tomorrow. If I can get that room, then I will have a reservation I can walk.

The system allows you to start searching after midnight however booking starts at 8am eastern. If you are even a little bit early you'll have a message returned that there is no availability or you don't qualify to book it or whatever the message of the day is (it often isn't what the problem actually is - that you are trying to book too early).

Yes, I started trying, but no I don't have a reservation yet. So, I can't get 5 days in a row right now. I called MS to ask if they could reserve the first two as standard studios and the last three as club level. That's a no-go. I thought the booking window opened at 8 am eastern time? But, when I got up at 6:50 central time today to check, I was already into the 19th. So, does booking start at 7 am eastern? Or midnight perhaps? Anyway, MS told me there is one studio available starting on the 20. My plan is to try tonight at midnight eastern and again at 6 am central tomorrow. If I can get that room, then I will have a reservation I can walk.
Booking begins exactly at 8:00 AM Eastern Time.

Last edited:

Sometimes it takes a few days of looking before you can get in, but at some point there will be an opening and then “all’ your computer needs to be is faster than most others trying to book the same room as you.

I'm an AKV owner and it took me about 35 days of being on at 8 AM and shut out to get a Value Studio that I am now walking for 4th of July. I hate having to walk but at this point, you just can't count on getting a value studio or club level if you have specific days that you need without walking. I truly do not want to but after tracking it for awhile I realized that many dates were already booked up before 8 AM I realized I had to.

No, the online opens at 8 AM, the reason you don't see days beyond your date (the 19th in this case) is that all 5 rooms are already booked for the 19th - probably because everyone is already walking. Walking really sucks.

No, the online opens at 8 AM, the reason you don't see days beyond your date (the 19th in this case) is that all 5 rooms are already booked for the 19th - probably because everyone is already walking. Walking really sucks.

Don't forget that the first day percentage wise is going to have the most overlap of all reservations days too because of the booking system having you book check in + up to 6 more nights. So it can also have legitimate reservations of people who are at the the end of their reservation, people in the middle of their reservation and then people who are starting their reservation. The further you get out in that 7 day period the less overlap you have.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter