How early can you check your bags at MCO

woody5

Mouseketeer
We have a 6am flight at MCO. We are staying at the Hyatt in the airport the night before the flight. Can we check our bags around 10pm for a 6am flight? Trying to minimize the things we need to do for the red eye flight. TIA.

Or ask at the Hyatt. Bell Services might be able to provide a solution (be prepared for it to be knocking on your door around 3 AM; no actual idea.)

I think your best bet is to call the airline. I have read the general rule is 4-hours before, but then I read other stories too.
I agree about the four hours before scheduled departure for domestic flights, though it might be different for international travel.

The only exception would be for authorized outside services, such as RAC, where those desks are open from 5:00 AM until noon. Bags will be accepted at the Disney resort’s RAC no more than 12 hours in advance of your flight’s scheduled departure time, but at least three prior.

The other consideration is to check the operating hours of the airline’s check-in counter.

I think SteveH is correct in stating that it's a 4-hour limit for the Orlando International Airport (MCO). I tried to confirm via their website, but this is the closest I got. This text refers to the check-in facilities in the parking garages at MCO (emphasis mine):

The complimentary service allows passengers to check their luggage (airline baggage fees apply) and receive boarding passes before even entering the terminal, as long as they check-in at least 90 minutes and no more than 4 hours prior to original flight departure time.
Source: https://orlandoairports.net/faq/

If they won't accept baggage more than 4 hours prior to flight there, I can't imagine they will do it at their regular ticket counters. Some airports simply aren't set up to store bags for extended periods.

Aside from can you do it, you should question if you should do it. I completely understand the reasoning. But unless it's unavoidable, having bags sitting in some random area of an airport for 8 hours isn't ideal.

One theft is one potential problem, another is the possibility of something following you home. I'm not talking about a ghost from the Haunted Mansion; I'm talking about bed bugs. Those suckers are industrious. If your bags are in physical contact with an infected bags for hours, chances are good that you'll get them, too. Now, the chances of either of those scenarios happening is slim, it's still not worth the 10-20 minutes of saved time, as far as I'm concerned.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter