How does this happen--AKA are we *&^%$#@???

shellyfive

Mouseketeer
I just needed to know and somewhat to vent about our ticket situation-----we tried to book the hotel rooms/tickets thru AAA to get the very nice perk of the special fastpasses----well they told me from AAA no rooms at all available for may3-4.soooo, we go and schedule a good neighbor hotel and then they call me back later that day and say they can get us a room in the GC with concier. and premium for 1500-----so i say no thanks......anywho i go online the next day and then decide to call down to the PP myself and yea, they have rooms available for those nights and at the other dis hotels too.......so yadda yadda yadda i call back AAA today and said i called direct and they have rooms------she calls me back later on and says no rooms are available for those dates------AARG!!! so i book with a good neighbor hotel out of the sheer frustration of the whole thing-------so is it going to be so totally busy there this week or is AAA pulling my strings-------i was willing to pay to get the perk but now i'm just really frustrated!!! i know i'll have a great time when i'm down there but for now i'm too mad????
anyone have this problem before???

I have but not with AAA. From my understanding is that agencies block a certain amount of rooms to give at their rate. The agency that I use would call the hotel themselves and usually get me in. Also, for my honeymoon a couple of weeks ago all the websites were telling me that there was only one room available so I booked it and then called the hotel and they told me that I wasn't actually purchasing the room but putting a room on hold. So, I asked her so could someone get there before me and take the last room? She said that they always have rooms available just certain rooms for certain prices. I just wanted to make sure that I would have a room. What I would do is call AAA back and have someone else help you. Sounds like that person is not very customer service saavy.

Every booking agency has their own block of rooms. When the rooms in that block are gone, that agency cannot book anymore, but it doesn't mean every other agency is sold out.

For example: Disney room only ressies has x number of rooms to book. Disney travel co has y number, expedia has z number, etc.

If one says they are sold out, you cannot get the perks that go with that agency (i.e. special rate, 4th night free, unlimited fastpass, etc.) , but you may still be able to get a room through some other means.

WHY DOE'S ANYBODY DO THIS? Not you, THEM! :confused3

Sad to say, I learned ALONG time ago to write down EVERYTHING. Names,Dates,Time. Make them chase the paper trail.I'm thinking about recording ALL my business transactions. If they don't like it tough twinkies! :teeth:

darph nader..nothing to do with the frustrating situation, but. TOUGH TWINKIES! I hope you get tagged(its a good thing)!! :rotfl2: I love it.

gnbuggy said:
darph nader..nothing to do with the frustrating situation, but. TOUGH TWINKIES! I hope you get tagged(its a good thing)!! :rotfl2: I love it.

TAG! I'm it.Tough Twinkies aka TOO BAD! To be polite.(hey this is a family board). :cool1:

darph nader said:
TAG! I'm it.Tough Twinkies aka TOO BAD! To be polite.(hey this is a family board). :cool1:
I enjoyed the twinkie quote. I have been giggling all day. Although, it makes me want twinkies. My Sister-in-law read this thread and was giggling too. :hippie:

Twinkies don't get tough. Twinkies are always fresh and chewy and gooey. Twinkies last forever.

Dobie said:
Twinkies don't get tough. Twinkies are always fresh and chewy and gooey. Twinkies last forever.

I didn't make myself to clear. Not TOUGH TWINKIES TO YOU , but to THEM! :thumbsup2

Twinkies have the shelf life of gravel,and WILL survive a nuclear attack. :cool1:

Personnaly I hate Twinkies,Now Give me some Ding Dongs,And a glass of COLD MILK ,I'M in 7th heaven :Pinkbounc

If you really want to stay on site, book it yourself. Of course you won't have the special fastpass, but use www.ridemax.com and you won't need it.
And while yes, each venue only has a certain number of rooms available, she should've done everything she could do get you a rate and those passes.
Call them back. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter