How does this forum work?

Connie of Trenton

mums the word
I am new to this forum. Trying to figure out whats going on. Do you all work on pages and report how many you get done in a months time? Oh gosh such pressure. Is all of this just Disney related scrapbooking or misc. stuff? I just got out my 16 year old daughters "papers, etc." I have saved and am not sure how I want to begin this project. Another daughter I began with her baby shower stuff and ended with her high school graduation. It took about 4 months to do but it was a great thing to have setting out at her graduation open house. So anyway any different ideas of how to begin my new book so it might be different than my other daughters? Also I fogot how do we get those cute little pictures to appear on our threads? Thanks for any help. :)

Connie, just jump right in and join the fun. This forum actually moves slower than I would like. I mostly hang out on the CB and here, but wish we had more talk about scrapbooking. This is the first month I've joined a challenge and I definately feel like it help to motivate me. My daughter is only 4 and I stay behind so just keep yourself working and you'll get caught up. Some people have posted links to their pages and I love that so feel free. Ask questions, offer advice it's all fun - welcome again.

Lisa

You don't ever have to join the monthly scrapbook challenge if you don't want to. This month I knew I wouldn't get much done, but I didn't feel pressured. Instead, I just was a cheerleader! Sometimes we scan pages and share them with each other. We often post when we are stuck and need help with an idea. It doesn't have to be about Disney, by the way. Mainly we are just a friendly group that like cooking and scrapbooking. Welcome to the neighborhood.

Welcome to the Recipes and Scrapbooks board, Connie. :) Feel free to jump in anytime. We talk about recipes, scrapbooks or any craft project. Don't feel like you have to join the scrapbook challenges. I haven't had time to work on my books in a long time, so I haven't joined any lately. They're just a fun way to get motivated. :)

About the pictures, we're fixing to loose them if we can't find a new web hosting site. We have all stored our pictures on personal websites that were provided by the DIS, but they are being discontinued. We're currently looking for other options. Stop by the Technical Support Board in a week or two and see if we've found a solution. :)

Connie,

I am not a prolific scrapper. I know I will never get caught up so I just enjoy the process. I usually join in on the challenges knowing full well I will not even come close to winning, but it keeps be plugging away. I also feel I provide some sort of service to those who didn't get much done that month because when they see my numbers, they feel good about their own. :D

We are not all about Disney but when we find a new Disney scrapbook site, or a Disney project, a Disney restaurant or park recipe we shout it from the rafters.

I too wish this board was a bit more active but if we keep making new friends and keeping the old we soon will be.

Welcome Connie.

Chessie

Merry Poppins, Lisa Tx and chessie,
Thanks for the nice welcome. Cooking, crafts, scrapbooking all things I love. What a great idea whoever thought of it! How long have you been doing this forum? I am keeping notes of ideas I like. My husband and I will be going on a Disney Cruise next year for our 25th anniversary and I will be doing a scrapbook on that trip. Believe it or not (sure you scrapbookers can relate to this!) I have already started buying things that I like for the book- Disney and 25th anniversary stuff. My kids were laughing at me.

Connie, welcome to the recipe and scrapbooking board!! I think it is great to start planning for your upcoming trip, you might then see some "photo oppurtunities" that will go perfect with something you have picked up all ready. I personally can spend hours in the scrapbooking stores just going through all the papers and supplies-to me that is half of the fun! You will find plenty of great ideas and inspiration on this board, I love to see the work of those who post links to there pages here!

Grover in Winnipeg
:D :smooth: :D

I'm not even sure what scapbooking is. I guess I can figure it out but I check this board out for the interesting recipes. Have found some good ones. Have even found some that the whole family like and that's a challenge. I spend most of my time between CB & this board. I just don't post too often.

Scrapbooking is taking photos and other memorabilia and putting them in a photo-safe book in an appealing way with journaling to tell the story. Usually it also includes use of stickers and acid free papers to decorate the page in some way. Pages are usually covered with page protectors that are again photo-safe. It is a great creative outlet and we have lots of fun. It's crafting and saving memories all rolled into one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter