How does the "window" work?

stlrod

DIS Veteran
Let's say on 8/15 I bought 150 points at WLV with a March use year. First, does that mean my points will become available on 3/1 or 3/15? Next, let's say I want to reserve a week beginning April 15, 2003. Does that mean I can make my reservation on May 1, 2002, or do I need to wait until May 15, 2002? If I need to wait until May 15, will I be able to do the whole week on that date or just the 15th and have to to keep calling back each day for week or alternatively wait until the end of the week and make the entire reservation? Please explain.

The window is from the date of your departure (that way you don't call back for each day).

You can make you arrangements before your use year actually begins, but if your use year would start in March of 2002, then you are correct in saying that you would need to wait until the May date (that coincides with your departure the following April) to make your arrangements.

However, if you wanted to go to WDW in April of this coming year, you could make your reservations now...using your points that come up in March--you are well within your 11 month window (technically you are not borrowing because the trip would occur after your use year...you would just be using those points to make your reservation).

Hope this helps!

With a March Use Year, the points are available on Mar 1 each year.

You may make any reservation, at your home resort, 11 months from the check out date. For an April 15 reservation, check-out would be on April 16- so 11 months would be May 16- for that one day. You can call daily and add to the reservation or wait until 11 months from the final check-out date. For most reservations, waiting until the final check-out would be fine.

Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter