How does the Shareholder thing work?

ok, so i finally got my account activated by Halifax (I applied under my new married name and guess it wasn't the best idea *** took so long to active it -5 weeks!!! even thought i got mortgage with them and changed my name way before applying shares dealing account) and got my shares the other day and now in the process of filling the application form...

what did you put for this q: What type of shareholder are you?
I know i can always put dont know but dont want to delay this even more... we are off in 3 weeks and i hope we can get the temporary certificate by then... proper card we use in march i guess

TIA

what did you put for this q: What type of shareholder are you?

You're a "Bearer". Can't say I know what this means, but I must have figured out when I joined 2 years ago since it went fine.

I'm pretty sure I put "don't know" because I didn't (and still don't) :rotfl: - it didn't delay either my initial shareholders club application nor my renewal 2 years later.

I put dont know on mine today and faxed it around 8.45 and got confirmation just before lunch that I was now a shareholder member.

Hope this helps:wave2:

I put "don't know" on mine as well and the confirmation came back ok. Checked the share price this morning and it seems to have jumped up quite a bit which is good. Not that I am ever going to sell my shares anyway, but good to know!!:)

Wish I looked into this before as I would have done it I think

Problem is we go on the 9th September so probably no time now, ah well

Wish I looked into this before as I would have done it I think

Problem is we go on the 9th September so probably no time now, ah well

you've got plenty time if you have a month. Get your online shareadealing account set up, buy the shares, and send off your shareholders club application. You can do all of that within one week.

you've got plenty time if you have a month. Get your online shareadealing account set up, buy the shares, and send off your shareholders club application. You can do all of that within one week.

I thought it said 12 weeks somewhere in the thread

I have some Bt shares (employee ones) and have used Halifax online when selling them so should have an account

its around 6 weeks for the card to arrived but you can ask for a temporary certificate that can be emailed to you and you can use it while you are waiting for a card...
and as the last lot has been sent out 2 weeks ago, you never know you might get yours just before going like i did princess: had my print ready but card came on Friday and we were off on Sunday...

plus you have account with halifax already so no waiting for pin etc... you can get your shares tomorrow...

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

ps RE shares type i think i put i dont know in the end... no problem whats ever...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter