How does renting DVC points work

We just got 10-night reservations at AKL for next March, but I had told the folks that I would be willing to do a split-stay if needed. I was only in the queu for 11 days before it came through. So I think you pick what you really want and try for that first, then split if you have to do so.
The reason for a split stay is because a member can't book more than seven nights at 11 or seven months out. They have to add extra night a day at a time after that.

I used the “credit” function for PayPal with the added benefit of having 6 interest-free months to pay it off. You do want to be able to pay it off by then to avoid high interest.
Thanks for this info. 6 months no interest sound great.

The reason for a split stay is because a member can't book more than seven nights at 11 or seven months out. They have to add extra night a day at a time after that.
Thanks for that info - I did not know about the 7 night limit I think I will try for a split stay.

I'm planning on doing a 12 night trip in June 2022 (what can I say, I like to plan ahead!). Family of 3 so we only need a studio and want to split it 6 nights at Poly and 6 nights at either BWV or BCV (we'd be happy at either resort I think - we aren't fussy - just want to be at an Epcot resort). We're happy to upgrade views if that increases our odds. Anyone have any sense on what our chances are of getting these resorts, plan on contacting Dave's or another company at about the 12 month mark to put in our requests.

Hi all! Does anyone know where the dining plan shows up in the Disney account when it's been added to a DVC res.? I rented points for AKL and the owner was kind enough to use my Disney gc's to pay for the DP - but I can't find it in the account.

Hi all! Does anyone know where the dining plan shows up in the Disney account when it's been added to a DVC res.? I rented points for AKL and the owner was kind enough to use my Disney gc's to pay for the DP - but I can't find it in the account.
It doesn’t. And that is regardless of whether you’re an owner or a renter.

So it looks like renting DVC points from reputable websites costs about $17-$18/point now. In the last year, has anyone on here rented DVC points "privately", i.e. straight from a DVC owner? If so, how much per point did you pay? Was it more or less than 7 months out?

I've only rented privately and 7-11 months out, and I've done it 3 times (2011: $10/point, 2013: $10/point, 2015: $12/point), but that was when the big websites were charging $13-$14 per point. Thanks!

I've seen some private owners renting at the same price as the brokers or even a bit higher for a prime location. When Riviera gets going, those points are going to be in the $20 to rent. The days of $10-12 per point are over. Even expiring points are going for $13 a point on David's website.

I privately rented out BWV points for the Princess Half Marathon @$17/point. $10-$12 per point wouldn’t even cover my dues + buy in cost + lost opportunity costs.

It doesn’t. And that is regardless of whether you’re an owner or a renter.
You are a wealth of information! Thank you for responding, I was getting a little worried. I guess the plan just comes up on the magic band when we get there? Also, do I make my own ADR's and fastpasses? Sorry, my adr day is Tues. and I have been asking the person I'm renting from a number of Q's. He has been really great, but he didn't know about the DP since he's never used it.

So it looks like renting DVC points from reputable websites costs about $17-$18/point now. In the last year, has anyone on here rented DVC points "privately", i.e. straight from a DVC owner? If so, how much per point did you pay? Was it more or less than 7 months out?

I've only rented privately and 7-11 months out, and I've done it 3 times (2011: $10/point, 2013: $10/point, 2015: $12/point), but that was when the big websites were charging $13-$14 per point. Thanks!
I paid $17 per point for AKL Kidani, and felt it was a great value. This is my first time renting, but I will definitely do it again if everything continues to go so well! I also put in my dates with the owner at 11 mo. and 3 weeks, I was shooting for Dec. this year and I think AKL is popular in Dec.

You are a wealth of information! Thank you for responding, I was getting a little worried. I guess the plan just comes up on the magic band when we get there? Also, do I make my own ADR's and fastpasses? Sorry, my adr day is Tues. and I have been asking the person I'm renting from a number of Q's. He has been really great, but he didn't know about the DP since he's never used it.
You make your own ADRs, just like when you book thru Disney directly. The same goes for Fastpasses. IIRC, the dining plan credits never show in MDE for DVC reservations. But you can keep track of your credits by checking your receipts.

You make your own ADRs, just like when you book thru Disney directly. The same goes for Fastpasses. IIRC, the dining plan credits never show in MDE for DVC reservations. But you can keep track of your credits by checking your receipts.
So our receipts will show dining plan credits left after each meal?

I paid $17 per point for AKL Kidani, and felt it was a great value. This is my first time renting, but I will definitely do it again if everything continues to go so well! I also put in my dates with the owner at 11 mo. and 3 weeks, I was shooting for Dec. this year and I think AKL is popular in Dec.
Every thing is popular in December. Even OKW and SSR. The first two weeks of Dec are the busiest time of the year for DVC members to book.

Dollar per point varies, depending if someone has points they have to get rid of quickly so they don't lose them, they could charge 9.50 a point vs someone who has a long time to sell them. Days of the week matter as well. Lowest point days are sunday -friday

Dollar per point varies, depending if someone has points they have to get rid of quickly so they don't lose them, they could charge 9.50 a point vs someone who has a long time to sell them. Days of the week matter as well. Lowest point days are sunday -friday
What matters is if anything is still available to book. Why charge $9.50 when you can get $13?

I just came back from disney on June 1st.we rented for $14 a point.If you're flexible on your dates around the general time you want to go,start looking...there's deals out there

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter