How does Incredicoaster compare to Rock'n'Roller Coaster?

Rebecca Pocahontas

Mouseketeer
My mom doesn't like Rock'n'Roller Coaster in Hollywood Studios in Florida because it goes upside down. I know that Incredicoaster goes upside down but how does it compare to RNR in HS? For anyone that has been on both coasters in the one in DCA nicer or smoother? Is the upside down section as bad as it is in RNR?

I think Rock 'n Roller Coaster is pretty smooth. I find the 2 rides to have a fairly similar feel, with the one large difference that RnR is in the dark.

It's hard to compare the two. Since the Incredicoaster is outside you can see everything coming and kind of brace for it. While RNR has more surprises. The Incredicoaster is very smooth and the loop isn't really that big of deal.

We visited DL for the first time last year and the three coaster riders in our family voted California Screamin' (now rethemed) as Disney's best coaster on either coast...and all of them are huge RNRC fans.

I think California Screaming is more rough and 'scary,' for lack of a better term, than Rock'n'Roller Coaster. But that's just an opinion.

Take this with a grain of salt as it's coming from someone who likes his coasters on the extreme side and finds Disney's coasters fairly mild.

We like CS/Incredicoaster better. It's longer, smooth and almost relaxing for a coaster. The loop is pretty mild since you aren't going crazy fast (Superman at Six Flags Fiesta Texas makes you feel like you might implode going through it's big loop). So if the loop is the big worry, I think it would be ok. RnR, IMO, feels more "extreme" since you are indoors (heightening your sense of speed) and in the dark (adding a little fear element, especially if you not big into coasters).

I'd say the launch isn't as powerful.
The drops are much higher and more thrilling with lots of air time.
And the loop is much more noticeable on Incredicoaster so if that's the part that she doesn't like on RNRC then she probably would want to sit this one out.
Both rides are smooth if you're near the front and rougher if you're in the middle/back.

I've only been on the coaster at DCA when it was California Screamin but I def found it smoother than Rock N Roller Coaster. I always get headaches on RNRC

I don't tend to ride rock n roll coaster much anymore because I find it bashes my head too much but I will ride california screaming/indiecoaster. Interesting where some-one mentioned about seeing where you going as I hadn't thought about that before. It might be why california screaming/indiecoaster seems much smoother to me.

To me, the scariest part about Rock'N'Roller Coaster is Steven Tyler's voice screaming in your ear. The darkness nearly erases my greatest fear of roller coasters- heights, and is thus less intimidating in my book. As far as smoothness is concerned, they are comparable.

RNR has a more immersive theme and is a lot smoother. We’ve ridden incredicoaster a lot this trip, I like the theme better than screamin’ but it’s still the same mildly bumpy coaster.

I think the Incredicoaster is less intense because it is in daylight, the takeoff isn't harsh,fast,or jerky, the loop and the ride overall is smooth. I like both but really enjoyed the theming and ride of Incredicoaster and think more people would find it less intense compared to RNRC

Like your mom, I do not like loops and don't handle Rock n Roller coaster well at all. Won't ride it again.

However, I loved California Screamin' (now Incredicoaster). Much more "relaxing" experience, as another poster said. And while loops scare me, the one loop was really the most fun part of the ride for me.

I know that Incredicoaster goes upside down but how does it compare to RNR in HS?

Rnr has a corkscrew. It bashes my head around terribly and I despise the coaster. I won’t ride it anymore unless I feel I have to.

Incredi-Screamin’ (I’m having a hard time adjusting to a second nonsensical
theme change in less than 10 years) has a big fat lovely loop that makes you feel weightless.

Many bunny hops that you can see and enjoy.

She should give it a try.

With both launches I take a deep breath in and let it out slowly and forcefully bc it helps my stomach and lungs (those launches are hard).

I don’t get to judge until October, but I really liked California Screaming. It is still part of the old Disneyland soundtrack, and I still like the old music

We’ll see

I like coasters so I do not find either one to be bumpy say compared to the Matterhorn. Ride time for Screamin/Incrediecoaster is probably more than twice the length as RNR, so I would factor that in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!