How do you travel with multiple food allergies?

starshine514

DIS Veteran
My youngest has been diagnosed with multiple food allergies - milk, egg, soy and peanut (bloodwork is still out for other nut testing). She's young, just turned a year, and she is still nursing (and may be a while, because of all her allergies, weaning to food that can compete with milk's nutrition has been a challenge). She has difficulty (congestion and spitting up, sometimes severe - she actually fell from the 75th percentile to the 25th percentile for growth when we didn't realize the cause of her spitting up 10+ times a day was allergen proteins coming through in breastmilk) when I consume her allergens (anaphylaxis when she consumes or even touches them). So, I have to avoid her allergens as well.

We're heading to Disneyland in a few weeks (driving there from Arizona), and I'm nervous about traveling with all these food allergies. I've eaten out once in the past month (Jason's Deli, who actually had multiple options for me). I just see the allergen menus online and feel daunted at most places, because there isn't much. Cross contamination also is a big concern for anything that I allow the baby to eat. I know that the park will be easier than most places for eating, but how do you do it in general? How do you travel and avoid allergens and not just end up eating all raw fruits and veggies all the time? We eat cooked food at home (and raw, of course), but we prepare pretty much everything from scratch and have modified our recipes. I just don't know how to eat out (not just at Disney, on the road, too) or even go to the store and buy quick prep supplies with all these allergies (protein is especially difficult). Any advice would be appreciated...

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter