How do YOU think we should spend our money?

hard for me to pick I'd say pick between 1 and 2!

We've done/still doing option 1 and we LOVE having the annual pass. We love being able to drive down for long weekends or meet up with friends when they travel down. It's also allowed us to try many different resorts across the property, but next year we're going back to #2. We're ready for one grand Disney trip a year and trips other places mixed in. I'm sure we'll do annuals again, though.

But in case you haven’t been an AP holder before, just a warning....

APs are addicting.

We had one a AP couple of years ago. We took a big trip in June, a big trip the following May, and two other trips in between. It was awesome! We also love the more upscale trips we've taken, and we also love the idea of trying something new. That's what makes this such a difficult choice.

#2. Blow it out with a long, luxurious trip at BWV. The resort experience is a big part of our trips and I'd much rather stay at a nicer resort for a long time than take little trips and have to stay offsite.

I vote #2. A nice hotel is part of the vacation to me. We aren't full day park people.

Obviously these votes are not going to help you at all. They are all over the place! LOL. FWIW though I would pick #1. I am all about getting the most for my money and budget vacations so I can afford to vacation more often. I am about 12 hours from heading to my 3rd and final WDW week on our APs, plus we added on a 4 day cruise with the second trip. I'll take 4 vacations on the cheap over 1 big blowout any time. (ETA- almost forgot about the 5 day trip to Nashville in 2 weeks that is my niece's gift for college graduation. That makes 5 vacations in 53 weeks.)

With that said, you need to decide what is most important to you... more time or more luxury.

Number one. The pp who mentioned bounce back offers and AP discounts to plus your future mini breaks has a point.

I love my AP. It is so great doing multiple trips, not feeling the need to do it all, popping into a park for one or two rides, maybe a meal. Or even to take a walk!

I’ve done Universal twice. Never again, not for me, so three is out.

Number 2. I only go to WDW every 3-5 years, but I will only stay Deluxe. Of course I have Disneyland close by to give me my Disney Fix.

That being said I think you’ll end up spending more money overall with option 1. Mini trips get costly quickly!

We’re considering a couple of options and wonder what you all would choose and why.
1. Get an annual pass, take an 8 day trip, stay at a budget resort and plan several mini trips throughout the year, culminating with a big one at the end of the pass.
2. Get a 9 day ticket, rent DVC points for Boardwalk, and have one big upscale trip.
3. Make two trips: 1 4-day trip to Universal at Halloween (I haven’t been to US since 1994 and IoA since 2004). And a 5-day at WDW the next May at a budget.

All three options fall within about the same for cost, give or take a few hundred dollars. Which do you think makes the most sense?

No. 1 will give you the most value with tickets, but beware that multiple trips have a sneaky way of blowing up your budget.

I don't suggest No. 3 because I prefer alternating Disney with Universal with annual passes, where you get the most bang for your ticket buck. The only way I would do both in the same trip would be if its a once-in-a-lifetime deal or the travel costs are extreme.

I would go with #2. We have found Disney vacations to be so much more enjoyable when we stay at a deluxe resort - especially one that is within walking distance of a park. We also only go every other year as we like to try new vacation spots. This year, we are trying Universal for the first time in about 10 years. I also feel like multiple mini trips might end up costing more than you think.

Definitely I’d pick 1 or 2.
Not a value resort vacation kind of family.
Love UO and WDW, so that’s a great option too.

Number 1. We don't spend much time in the hotel. Of course the more you go to the parks, the more time you might want to spend at your resort, though I think the parks, Disney Springs, and visiting different resorts, have enough to keep you having a good time for 3 or 4 trips or more, depending on how many days each trip is. Universal is fun because of HP and to a much lesser extent an attraction here or there, but it is not nearly as great as WDW, IMHO - there are those that disagree though. Maybe plan to go to Universal a different year.

If you go with #1, look into the Disney Springs and maybe Bonnet Creek resorts (not time shares though) that offer 60 fp+ and EMH for 2018 at least. They also include shuttles but they are not as convenient as Disney resort shuttles. They are nicer hotels than the Disney values and many cost less than a Disney moderate.

Hmmmm my family LOVES Disney, but I couldn't see myself going more than twice a year. However, we always plan to go annually. If you won't return to Disney for a long time, then probably option #1. If you know you'll be back within the next 5 years or so, I'd go with #3. I think it'd be cool to experience both parks.

#1 is awesome but #3 is nice except if you make it two DISNEY trips (no Uni.):)

We’re considering a couple of options and wonder what you all would choose and why.
1. Get an annual pass, take an 8 day trip, stay at a budget resort and plan several mini trips throughout the year, culminating with a big one at the end of the pass.
2. Get a 9 day ticket, rent DVC points for Boardwalk, and have one big upscale trip.
3. Make two trips: 1 4-day trip to Universal at Halloween (I haven’t been to US since 1994 and IoA since 2004). And a 5-day at WDW the next May at a budget.

All three options fall within about the same for cost, give or take a few hundred dollars. Which do you think makes the most sense?

#1-here is the thing-AP are addicting, totally change your touring style (relaxed) and now you can get better resorts OFFSITE for less money as you can park at parks free! Equals more trips!

We are about 3/4 way through our AP year, and planning to get UOR annual passes at summer trip this year, letting Disney ones lapse. UOR will always be there, so do one first, then maybe do the other for a year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter