How do you teach your kids to identify CMs?

Surgie2

DIS Veteran
Just in case we have a grandchild that wanders away...how can we teach them to identify a CM? Do they all wear the same kind of name tag? I know their outfits vary by location. The kids all have labels in their shoes with their name and parent cell# and they know to tell someone to look in their shoe. But how do we describe finding a CM to them? (Gosh I hope we don't ever need this information!)

photo-4.jpg

The name tag is always the same but the uniform is going to vary drastically from park to park.

Also the CM's are trained to "read the crowd" a fair bit, so a child looking anxiously for parents doesn't go unnoticed for long. Disney has its eyes all over... ;)

Teach them what the nametags look like, and yes a good bit of advice is to go up to the register counter and speak with the person who is taking money ;)

Just in case we have a grandchild that wanders away...how can we teach them to identify a CM? Do they all wear the same kind of name tag? I know their outfits vary by location. The kids all have labels in their shoes with their name and parent cell# and they know to tell someone to look in their shoe. But how do we describe finding a CM to them? (Gosh I hope we don't ever need this information!)
But be prepared that the CM will not be able to call you. Most likely will have to radio security who will be able to call when they arrive at the office/lost kids area.no phones while on duty or phone only calls in park. One tip each day take cell phone picture of each child so you can tell a CM what child was wearing not you having to remember

Unaccompanied minors are taken to the First Aid/Baby Care centre if the parents aren't found within a few minutes. So there's no calling of your cell phone that CM's need to do - they will follow their own policies!

When we go through security and they spend minutes going through our backpack of stuff, we have time to point out the nametag and mention that anyone wearing the nametag is a safe person they should go to if they need anything.

We also have a non-negotiable rule about handholding or in the stroller if mom and dad decide there is a "crowd".

Twice I have seen little kids get lost at disneyworld. In both situations, the kid called out “Mommy?” maybe 2 times and was almost immediately approached by cast members. It made me feel good to realize that Disney actively looks to help kids that appear lost

I taught my kids to look for the nametag just in case. Thankfully, they have never gotten lost, but we go over that rule before every trip.

When I have gone to Disneyland I can easily identify cast members by their name tag and I don't have to even know their name because I have a way of knowing names and it's like the show Cheers soon I know everyone's name. When a family visits Disney Parks tell the kids to say if they get lost make sure they know the cast member's name like for example say "if Mom and Dad are missing just tell Charlie "or whatever name of cast member they see" and he will help you. It's very easy for kids to do on a vacation

Look for the white name tag. Or I tell my kids to look for the closet mom with kids and they will help you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter