How do you make your.....

Mishetta

<font color=FF6600>All I get to play is "crashing
orange roughy? Always looking for new ways to make old things! Seems I can't get enough chicken recipes or fish recipes! Being that we are eating more fish now (especially during Lent), I'm desperate for new ways to make fish!

Will you share the way you make your fish?

I used this for Basa, which the person at the fish counter said was similar to Tilapia or Orange Roughy. It's definitely a "keeper" recipe for us! :teeth: It's kind of a combo recipe of several I found.

I sprayed the baking sheet with a little olive oil. (FYI - I have a Misto, so it comes out like Pam would.) Then I sprinkled a little Parmesan on the skin side of the fillets & laid them on the oil. Top each fillet with pesto - amount as desired. (I used Classico from the grocery store - don't make my own yet.) Then sprinkle with shredded mozzarella cheese. Baked at 350 for about 15 min - until the fish was opaque....they were pretty thin.

One of the "original" recipes said to put a slice or two of tomato on the pesto before adding the mozzarella, but I didn't have any.

- - - - - - -

We often have catfish when it's on sale. I like to just sprinkle that with cajun spice & bake.

If I run out of cajun spice from the store, I make my own:
Cajun Spice Mix

2 Tbl dried thyme
2 Tbl paprika
2 Tbl peppers
2 Tbl brown sugar (I use less...maybe 1 Tbl only)
1 Tbl dried mustard
1 Tbl ground cumin
4 tsp cayenne peppers (I use red pepper flakes)
1 tsp salt (I skip salt)

Makes about 3/4 cup.

- - - - - - -
Here's another, but I haven't made it in a really long time...I no longer "bread" my fish.

Baked Parmesan Fish
4 fish fillets (orange roughy or catfish – 4 oz each)
1/3 c parmesan cheese
2 Tbl flour
½ tsp paprika
¼ tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1 egg
2 Tbl milk

Combine parmesan, flour, paprika, salt & pepper. In another bowl, beat together egg & milk. Dredge fish in egg then coat with parmesan mixture. Arrange in a greased 13x9 pan. Bake uncovered at 350 for 25 – 30 min or until fish flakes with a fork.

Oh - and did you ever try the Lea & Perrins White Wine Worcestershire? It used to be called something else & had a green paper bag over the bottle...it says something about being for chicken & fish. It's especially good if you can use butter...just melt the butter, put in the fish & add the Worcestershire to cook! Yum! :teeth:

piratesmate ~ that Bake Parmesan Fish recipe sounds delicious! I might try that next week!

Thank you all for your input!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter