how do you get there?

JCTigger

All it takes is faith and trust and a little bit o
Hey everyone... i got a question... my family is going down in October for a grand gathering they are all staying at the wilderness lodge but i have always wanted to camp my folks gave me the go ahead and book my own ressies if i wanted to.. but my question is has any one ever flown down with thier camping gear?
All i think i would need to bring would be...I've only ever backpacked camped so i dont want to over pack the things i need...
My tent (either my backpacking tent or my lg dome tent)
Sleeping pad (or self inflating air mattress)
Blanket (preferred over a sleeping bag)
Collapsable cooler

Any one please help! What else do i need to pack? Has anyone ever flown down with there stuff before?

I have tent camped and flown. It is possible. As a solo person I brought the following within airline allowances. If there is more than one person it is much easier as your luggage allowance increases with each person.

1 8x9 tent (this is what I slept in)
1 7x7 tent (this is where I stored my gear)
2 10x12 rain/sun shelter
1 folding bag chair
1 folding stool
twin size air mattress
electric pump for air mattress
battery operated coleman lantern
flashlight
sheets/pillow/electric blanket
two power strips
two forty foot extension cords
Coleman Battery Operated Tent Fan
Coleman Battery Operated Tent Light
cell phone
charger
laptop and accessories
digital camera and docking station
normal disney clothing + decent in public sleepwear
daypack with toiletries to carry to comfort station
small bottle of laundry detergent
several dryer sheets in ziploc bag
shower shoes
plastic sheeting for groundcloth
Towels/washcloths
Clothesline
Collapsible cooler
Package of Cable Ties for extension cord management
Laundry sack.
A case of sodas distributed in small areas throughout my luggage.

The camping gear fits in a Rubbermaid Action Packer and a Large Duffle, They are the maximum size the airlines will allow.

My clothing fits in a carry on size suitcase and then my computer bag also comes with me as a carry-on.

I kept the computer locked up at the desk at the reception outpost, and dropped by there a couple times during the week to download pictures and check email.

I don't cook when I tent camp at Ft. Wilderness, so things like a grill or charcoal or food is not necessary for me.

I also washed clothing every evening. Since the washers/dryers are right at the comfort station, it is easy. I would drop by and start the washer, then went to my shower, then after my shower, I would rotate the laundry to the dryer, then go back to my campsite (very close to the comfort station) and read a bit and call home, then go get the clothes out of the dryer. That way I brought very little clothing with me.

Hope this helps!

Carol

thanks thats really helpful! just one more question... do you rent a car when you get down there... or since we are going when they have the free transport should i risk it and take the free transport...

No, I don't rent a car. I use Disney Transport. Also, while not common, I have a personal ECV that I use to scoot around Ft. Wilderness. I just park it in Golf Cart parking, then take the buses or boats to the parks.

Also, especially since your family is staying at Wilderness Lodge, you can get your ice from the ice machines there instead of paying for the ice at machines at the comfort stations. There is a walking path between Ft. Wilderness and Wilderness lodge. Bicycles are allowed on the path, but Golf Carts are not.

Carol

clkelley said:
2 10x12 rain/sun shelter

Im not sure i know what you mean by this?

one of those screened canopy's

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter