How do you find a cheap motel in Ontario?

CJK

DIS Veteran
With all that's going on lately, we decided to take a few days next week for a mini trip. We're going to the Ottawa area. Other than priceline, I'm not sure how to go about finding a cheap, clean motel. I'm going to direct hotel websites and can't find anything for less than $100 a night. Any thoughts? I'll try expedia.ca next. Thanks!

Hi CJK: I think the $100 you mention is in Canadian $. If so it amounts to about $75 US. Still $100 for a hotel room in Ottawa is very reasonable. I'd like to find one in Washington for that price. Try Minto Place Suite hotel. Good luck.

Expedia is probably you're best bet. You might also call the hotels directly and see if there are any local specials. This is the busy season for Ottawa (all of the politicians/lobbyists are returning) so $100 a night isn't too bad.

Hi CJK,

I live in Ottawa and have bid for rooms in Ottawa (for out of towners) with Priceline (which I understand may not be an option for you). Try www.biddingfortravel.com - even though primarily geared for priceline bidding, it also has hotel reviews (for p-line hotels) and successful hotwire (www.hotwire.com) bids. I would also second the Minto Suites - rack rates will be pricey though. A similar hotel (I believe owned by Minto as well) was going for $35/night - http://pub210.ezboard.com/fpricelineandexpediabiddingfrm211.showMessage?topicID=887.topic

Have a great time in Ottawa!

Thanks everyone for the ideas. I investigated all of them. We decided that priceline was probably our best bet. We got a 2* hotel (Comfort Inn) for $22 US a night so with the exchange rate and fees, it comes to about $75CAD for 2 nights!!! Nothing like saving money!! Thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter