How do you do offsite stays??

SDSorority

Traumatized by Magic Journeys and Haunted Mansion
Normally we stay onsite, but this time we're staying offsite. Closeby… near the Celebration Publix, but still a little bit of a hike from the parks, vs. staying at Boardwalk where we normally stay. We will have a car, of course, and we're only doing one MNSSHP, and one full Epcot day. How do you pace yourself at the parks, knowing you can't easily get back to the room for a rest? A scooter isn't something we will need, but pacing ourselves from a stamina/endurance standpoint will be necessary. Do you have favorite places at MK or Epcot to rest for a while? Or things you bring with you to help with pacing yourself? Tips, tricks, strategies? All are welcome!

You can always go to first aid for a rest if need too. It sounds like you have one full day st EPCOT and then MNSSHP I would have a nice sit down lunch at EPCOT and then do some of the show in the county for a rest and for your NSSHP I would just relaxe at the hotel before the party and then go and have fun. I am guessing you will not have a park pass for this day

You can always go to first aid for a rest if need too. It sounds like you have one full day st EPCOT and then MNSSHP I would have a nice sit down lunch at EPCOT and then do some of the show in the county for a rest and for your NSSHP I would just relaxe at the hotel before the party and then go and have fun. I am guessing you will not have a park pass for this day

Yep that's right- the MNSSHP will be our only ticket that day, and Epcot will be the 2nd day we have. Thanks for the suggestions!

Normally we stay onsite, but this time we're staying offsite. Closeby… near the Celebration Publix, but still a little bit of a hike from the parks, vs. staying at Boardwalk where we normally stay. We will have a car, of course, and we're only doing one MNSSHP, and one full Epcot day. How do you pace yourself at the parks, knowing you can't easily get back to the room for a rest? A scooter isn't something we will need, but pacing ourselves from a stamina/endurance standpoint will be necessary. Do you have favorite places at MK or Epcot to rest for a while? Or things you bring with you to help with pacing yourself? Tips, tricks, strategies? All are welcome!

You can always rent a wheelchair, and wheel it along - that way, if you suddenly need a place to sit, you are guaranteed to have one. With so few benches left (and generally not many places to sit without actually putting your butt on the ground) it might be a good idea to have one, provided you will have someone who can push you. A Rollator will have the same benefit.

Remember to hydrate - that's SUPER important, because dehydration can have weird side effects for some folks, and it will wreck your day really quickly - and last but not least stop and rest, even when you think you don't have to. If you wait until you KNOW you need to take a break, it's often too late! At WDW it's easy to push aside discomfort and keep going, so you are smart to plan ahead to defeat the stamina issues before they happen!

Alternating with shows and eating and rides is the best way to pace yourself.

Do your first three fastpasses early; so, you have a better chance to get a fourth, fifth and so forth. This will get you through the park quicker.

We feel going early to a park helps with the crowd factor which in turn gets you through the park quicker.

Finally, try to avoid any backtracking through the park. This wastes time and is more tiring. Plan your day accordingly.

My favorite place to rest mid-day when at MK is the Grand Floridian lobby. It's an easy monorail ride there. Sometimes I will even do the tea there.

A lot of good hints already and we do a lot of those.

Avoiding backtracking can be very helpful, along with alternating short or more intense attractions with shows where you can sit for a while.

At MK, Tomorrowland Transit Authority is a good ride to chill for a while. If it’s not busy, you might be able to ride around several times without getting off.
Take a round trip on the train.
Tom Sawyer Island can also be a good place to hang out and does have some chairs /benches where guests can rest.
Fantasyland: Pathway leading from Cinderella’s Castle to Fairytale Garden; Pete’s Silly Sideshow area; Pathway behind The Barnstormer that leads toward Tomorrowland.

All of the MK area resorts are pretty easy to get to and the monorail resorts all have lobbies with comfy chairs. The boat to Fort Wilderness lets you off a short walk from Trail’s End restaurant. There are some nice beach and wooded areas where you can sit for a while.

For Epcot, you can take the Friendship boats to any of the Boardwalk area resorts and either sit outside or in the lobby.
Inside Epcot, most of the World Showcase countries have quiet places.
Some of our favorites include:
Mexico- benches along the water
America- pathway to backstage area to the left as you face the country; outdoor seating area in front of the restaurant; area with tables to the right as you face the country
Japan- in the Garden area near/above the pond
Morocco- the buildings to the left as you face the country
France- the areas along the water’s edge
United Kingdom- Garden area at back of pavilion (there are shows going on at certain times of day)

In Future World
Lounge area behind Club Cool - it has couches and tables with chairs
The Seas - there are a few seating areas, but just walking thru the aquariums csn be very peaceful

In Epcot I like to stop and rest inside the Pavilion where the Character Spot is. I also will go to the American & France Pavilions for the shows. It's a nice short well needed break.
In the MK, it's the CoP, the Railroad, Tiki Birds and the Wedway People Mover. I will also go to Harbour House off peak and get a kids meal so I can sit and rest a little. On my last trip, I managed to pace myself to stay out 12 hours with short frequent bench rest stops. No, didn't make the fireworks lol but covered all I wanted to at the MK at a very slow pace.

Don't forget about the railroad during the day or late afternoon. I believe it stops when Mickey's party ramps up. Hall of Presidents, People Mover to name a few more for a quiet cool place. Liberty Square, Sleepy Hollow and the Liberty square market has fresh fruit and veggies for reasonable cost. Columbia Harbour House has an upstairs and get a good table by a window and split a chocolate cake or cobbler. Riding the Belle to give you a break and scenic views of Island, Splash and Thunder. You can see the parade in the back Ave in Adventure Land and Liberty less people. Don't forget the sunscreen and hydration is king, with snacks; which you can bring some in. For the Party figure out the can not misses, and form a plan. If you query it and go images you can get past party quides/Maps, and helpful to party plan. Enjoy

I"ll be there S. 14th for Mickey's party. Thinking I"ll need an ECV, not fully sure if the buses and the big ferry from MK to TTK can accommodate a ECV, and the hotel buses to ES @ Disney Springs.

Don't forget about the railroad during the day or late afternoon. I believe it stops when Mickey's party ramps up. Hall of Presidents, People Mover to name a few more for a quiet cool place. Liberty Square, Sleepy Hollow and the Liberty square market has fresh fruit and veggies for reasonable cost. Columbia Harbour House has an upstairs and get a good table by a window and split a chocolate cake or cobbler. Riding the Belle to give you a break and scenic views of Island, Splash and Thunder. You can see the parade in the back Ave in Adventure Land and Liberty less people. Don't forget the sunscreen and hydration is king, with snacks; which you can bring some in. For the Party figure out the can not misses, and form a plan. If you query it and go images you can get past party quides/Maps, and helpful to party plan. Enjoy

I"ll be there S. 14th for Mickey's party. Thinking I"ll need an ECV, not fully sure if the buses and the big ferry from MK to TTK can accommodate a ECV, and the hotel buses to ES @ Disney Springs.

Yes - the big ferry to/from Ticket & Transportation to Magic Kingdom is ECV friendly :) Not sure about Embassy Suites; I would call that hotel directly to ask. But any Disney internal transportation to/from Disney Springs is definitely ECValbe! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!