How do you decline Magic Bands

Ksquared

DIS Veteran
I ordered upgraded bands for our trip then decided to add a day to the start of our trip but booked a different resort. How do I decline the bands for that added day?

following. We have a split stay (same resort). I ordered bands for the first ressie, wondering if I can/should decline them for the 2nd one.

In you mde if you hit magic bands you can decline them. It's in the same window for when u wanna choose.

The last time I declined MBs, the option to decline was in the online check-in section of MDE.

Did that actually work for you?

It didn't for me when I tried it a few months ago - still got the grey bands upon arrival.

Desperately hoping that it is now working, I don't want more bands! :rotfl:

I’ve had multiple degrees on “un-success” declining MBs. I think I finally have it down.

Step 1. You cannot go into the MB section for the stay that you don’t want the MB (even if you don’t check-out or try to check-out and it is out of stock). Just don’t go playing in that MB space at all.

Step 2. Then, when you do online check in, do it more than 2 weeks prior, and decline the MBs in there. That should assure that you won’t have any gray MBs waiting for you at check-in.

It didn't for me when I tried it a few months ago - still got the grey bands upon arrival.

It worked for us in December. I just checked online check-in for an upcoming reservation and the area to decline the bands is still there - I hope it still works too because I just declined them as well!

awesome, thank you all. I have not gone into the magic band section at all for this one night so I will do the online check in and decline from there. fingers crossed it works as I don't want or need those bands.

The last time I declined MBs, the option to decline was in the online check-in section of MDE.

For our Christmas week trip, I tried this in the online check in section. Thought I had finally figured out how to not get bands that we do not need. Nope! Grey ones were waiting for us at check-in. At that point they were already activated and in MDE, which is exactly what those of us who go multiple times a year are trying to avoid. ARRGGHH!

We had grey MB's mailed to us in December, even though I had declined them when doing online check in. So I called the Disney internet help desk to have them remove some of my old bands and to see if there was a way to get Disney to stop sending unwanted bands. The CM on the phone told me that when they brought out the Premium bands it changed things so that now people can not decline bands.

We had a trip earlier this month and I didn't want another set of grey bands. The CM suggested that I let the grey bands get shipped to the resort and then not pick them up. When I checked my list of MB's on my MDE account, I could see the grey MB that was waiting at the POR check in desk. We did not pick up the bands, and once the trip was over, the bands were listed as inactive on our accounts. Eventually, the grey bands that were sent to the resort were removed from our MDE accounts.

The CM told that they would eventually bring back the option to delete a band. It is such a waste of time and money, but it is nice to know that if you don't pick the band up at the resort it eventually gets removed from your account.

For our Christmas week trip, I tried this in the online check in section. Thought I had finally figured out how to not get bands that we do not need. Nope! Grey ones were waiting for us at check-in. At that point they were already activated and in MDE, which is exactly what those of us who go multiple times a year are trying to avoid. ARRGGHH!

Oh no! I'm going to try decline MBs for our March trip - I'll see if it works!

That has happened to me more than once. Did you go "playing" in the MB selection space at all (even if you did not actually select / order a MB)? It seems to me that if you click on that at all, they will have gray bands waiting for you at check-in, even if you decline them in online check-in (I have had two sets of these gray MBs waiting). But, if you don't go into the MB space at all and decline them at least a couple of weeks in advance, there should not be any gray MBs waiting for you at check in. I hope that works for you in the future!

Also, know that you can call and have IT delete MBs. Having a lot of them can cause issues with opening doors. Our last trip, we deleted a bunch right before, and everything opened smoothly.

I spoke with a CM the other day via phone and was told even they cannot override the system and decline MB anymore. Such a waste. My spouse and I both have special ones and don't require the generic ones, plus we go about 3-4 times each year. That is a lot of wasted material.

I ordered 2 premium ones and 3 plain ones for my family's 2 rooms of a split stay. If I can't decline the other set I am going to keep checking to see if they add the new plain ones; would love the mint colored one. :)

We had grey MB's mailed to us in December, even though I had declined them when doing online check in. So I called the Disney internet help desk to have them remove some of my old bands and to see if there was a way to get Disney to stop sending unwanted bands. The CM on the phone told me that when they brought out the Premium bands it changed things so that now people can not decline bands.

We had a trip earlier this month and I didn't want another set of grey bands. The CM suggested that I let the grey bands get shipped to the resort and then not pick them up. When I checked my list of MB's on my MDE account, I could see the grey MB that was waiting at the POR check in desk. We did not pick up the bands, and once the trip was over, the bands were listed as inactive on our accounts. Eventually, the grey bands that were sent to the resort were removed from our MDE accounts.

The CM told that they would eventually bring back the option to delete a band. It is such a waste of time and money, but it is nice to know that if you don't pick the band up at the resort it eventually gets removed from your account.

I'm glad to know that if we don't pick them up they are deactivated.

That has happened to me more than once. Did you go "playing" in the MB selection space at all (even if you did not actually select / order a MB)? It seems to me that if you click on that at all, they will have gray bands waiting for you at check-in, even if you decline them in online check-in (I have had two sets of these gray MBs waiting). But, if you don't go into the MB space at all and decline them at least a couple of weeks in advance, there should not be any gray MBs waiting for you at check in. I hope that works for you in the future!

Also, know that you can call and have IT delete MBs. Having a lot of them can cause issues with opening doors. Our last trip, we deleted a bunch right before, and everything opened smoothly.

Interesting theory! I don't think I played around with the bands for that trip because each of us already had every color plus a few custom bands. I can't say for certain though. I'll be careful not to for our next trip though!

Yes- I did know this. I called IT to have all of our Magic Band 1.0 versions permanently deleted. It was a long phone call to do that for all of us. I had to go through every band by serial number and then there were also all of the expired APs and used MNSSHP and MVMCP cards as well. I'll need to do it again at some point but wish it was possible to just do it myself online.

I called IT to have all of our Magic Band 1.0 versions permanently deleted. It was a long phone call to do that for all of us. I had to go through every band by serial number and then there were also all of the expired APs and used MNSSHP and MVMCP cards as well. I'll need to do it again at some point but wish it was possible to just do it myself online.
I called IT today, too, to have old bands and cards removed. The CM told me that I could also take any unwanted bands to the front desk of our resort next time we go to WDW and they will remove them from our account and recycle them. Our next trip is in March and I think I will test this and see what happens. It would be easier than calling IT. :)

I go to the front desk and yell "Off with their heads!"

I ordered upgraded bands for our trip then decided to add a day to the start of our trip but booked a different resort. How do I decline the bands for that added day?
I don't know if this is true because it sounds kind of "dumb" to be true. We just traveled over NYE and already had magic bands that I purchased from shopdisney. However, I was still assigned magic bands in MDE. I called both DVC and Disney and was told that declining magic bands were no longer an option. That I would have to go to check in desk when we got there to decline. I did, the guy at the check in desk told me the same thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!