How do you cook bacon?

On the sidewalk outside our house on a hot summer day.

Just kidding. Microwave in the winter, bbq grill in the summer.

I use a rack on a cookie sheet. It is actually a rack for cooling cookies but it works. And the bacon doesn’t stick to it.

I only buy thick sliced applewood bacon and bake it at 400 with brown sugar and a bit of chili powder for spice. So very good.

fry it for a long time like 30 minutes, then give it a good zap in the microwave to make it harder and crispy

I let somebody else do it :thumbsup2

Seriously though, I have used the microwave it I try to actually cook bacon. Usually I just use the "pre-cooked" stuff though.

Only in a skillet on stove top. If you fry with low-med. heat, there will be little to no spatter. I like to fry our eggs in the grease, then save it for future use - a true deep south girl.

This thread just reminded me I need to go to Karns to get my bacon this weekend.

They're a meat market/grocery store, it's where I get all my meat unless there's an incredible sale elsewhere. They sell their bacon ends for $1.99/pound and they are SO good!
The food pricing you people post on this forum just kills me. I buy bacon at my local butcher because it's dirt cheap at $4.09/lb. I buy all my steaks for the grill there at $15/lb because it's dirt cheap. Chicken is dirt cheap at $3.49/lb. along with the dirt cheap $4.59/lb for 90/10 ground beef.

Oh, and I cook bacon on an electric griddle or my cast iron. Usually the griddle though as it's just me and I cook everything I cook in bulk. 2 lb of bacon sitting in a bag in the fridge doesn't last me a weekend though :rolleyes1

Used to use a frying pan until I found the magic of using the oven! 400 degrees on a cooling rack on top of a foil-lined baking sheet. Perfect!

I also bake it on a rack that sits inside a jelly roll sheet pan. Doesn’t curl up and grease drips off. Nice and crispy too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!