How do you confirm a rental VGC reservation?

TinyTGO

Mouseketeer
Typically when you book a rental reservation for a WDW DVC stay you can juts plug the travel plan number into your MyDisneyExperience and link the reservation.

How do you confirm a rental reservation for VGC though? Or maybe the better question is, "can you..."?

When I rented out VGC points through a rental agency, I had to send them screenshots of the various DVC pages, and forward the official "Welcome Home" email from DVC. Given that, I'm not sure there's any way for the renter themselves to see the reservation.

Its my understanding from reading these rental boards, that since DVC will not communicate with anyone but the DVC member, the "renter" cannot confirm directly with DVC.

Typically when you book a rental reservation for a WDW DVC stay you can juts plug the travel plan number into your MyDisneyExperience and link the reservation.

How do you confirm a rental reservation for VGC though? Or maybe the better question is, "can you..."?

Give them the confirmation number. Have them call up DISNEYLAND. Perhaps talk directly to the Grand Californian. And tell them the confirmation number. And have them request some particular thing they would desire for the room. Such as near an elevator.

By talking with the people at Disneyland reservations or the people at Grand Californian they are not talking with DVC. However they should be listed On the reservation, and should be able to access that through Disneyland with their confirmation number. This will prove to them that they have an actual reservation.

Give them the confirmation number. Have them call up DISNEYLAND. Perhaps talk directly to the Grand Californian. And tell them the confirmation number. And have them request some particular thing they would desire for the room. Such as near an elevator.

By talking with the people at Disneyland reservations or the people at Grand Californian they are not talking with DVC. However they should be listed On the reservation, and should be able to access that through Disneyland with their confirmation number. This will prove to them that they have an actual reservation.

I don't think this would work. Any time I've had to make a change to a DVC reservation there - even something as minor as a view request - they've redirected me to Member Services. Even at check in, I've had to specify it's DVC and not the regular hotel.

thread necromancy...looking for this same thing. Just want a way to independently verify existence of the reservation--happy to call up the Grand Californian just to make sure the reservation exists, if that would work?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!