How do you celebrate your anniversaries?

craedaisy12

Mouseketeer
My husband and I will be celebrating our 1st anniversary in Disney this October. We have a dinner planned and thats all for now.

How do you celebrate your anniversaries, either in Disney or not? Look back at photos from your wedding? Photos from the past year? See how far you've come in a year?

Just a random thought I had and wanted to see how everyone celebrates another year!

Last year was our 22nd - or was it 23rd, can't remember. We both forgot, I'm talking completely forgot. The day after I was looking at my calendar at work and noticed it listed the day before, yes I'm a woman and can't remember such dates. Got home that night and asked my honey if he knew the date, he did. Asked him if he knew what the day before was. He looked at me like I was crazy, just told you today's date and you seriously can't figure out yesterdays? kind of look. I died laughing and told him it was our anniversary. Again with the crazy look because surely there is no way we would both forget it. Then I saw the "oh crap we forgot" look and then he burst out laughing too. So this year we are hoping to not forget and maybe go out to dinner. In all fairness, we don't do xmas or birthday presents to each other either. We are lucky enough to be one of those couples if we want something we just get it so there really isn't anything either of us wants or needs.

We don't so much look back as try to have a nice night out. We've done the Chef's Tasting at Flying Fish for one anniversary and ended up at at Jellyrolls after which ended up being quite fun. Because we're foodies a bit, it's generally a nicer dinner. Earlier on a nicer dinner than we would typically do, but now those are a bit more common for us.

It really depends on which anniversary it is.

This year is our 25th. We are spending a week at Disney at the Grand Floridian.

Last year, we went out to dinner with friends.

We look at wedding pictures when the mood strikes us, regardless of when it is. We just had the wedding album out because we were commenting on how much hair our best man had at the wedding verses at our son's baptism. But it will get put away and only brought out when we want to reference a picture.

We only buy gifts for each other when one of us finds something really special.

My DH proposed in Disney (on the skyride during fireworks :love2:) and we were actually married in MK by a friend. (Shhh...it was more like an elopement and a quick ceremony in a quiet corner of the park. :D:D:DNot exactly sanctioned through "proper" channels. We could never afford the official WDW wedding with planners, facilities, etc. We were just starting out and used all our savings towards a house down payment instead.)

Great memories and actually a very funny experience. Us and the entire wedding party (a group of friends who came up with us and who we treated to park admission that weekend) all bolted to Space and Thunder Mountain after the "I do's" were said. Basically our "reception" was the entire MK park - and we had so much fun that evening. Our families thought we were crazy! But they were fine with it.

Although I don't have traditional beautiful wedding pictures to remember it by...no first dance, gorgeous ballroom, etc, I do get a big smile every time I think about that night. We still celebrate every anniversary at WDW - it's in Dec, so it's a great time to be in the parks. Our 22nd this coming year!

Our 1st we went out for dinner. Our 5th we went to Mackinac Island. Tenth we cruised to Alaska. 15th we cruised to Hawaii. 20th we didn't do anything lol. Nor did we do anything for 2,3,4,6,7,8,9,11,12,13,14,16,17,18,19. Well, the first couple of years DH did send me flowers. Nothing planned for our aniversary this year but we'll be in DL for DH's birthday in October. We almost always seem to travel around his birthday.

Since I'm divorced I just celebrate it as a memory of days gone by. It's cheaper that way.:)

Celebrating our 20th this year at Disney Beach Club resort with extended family. Doing a cake and dinner at Yachtsman. No money left after all of that... Hope OP has many more years ahead!

We are about to celebrate our 25th with a long weekend trip to Disney - where we honeymooned - and are staying at the contemporary for the first time.

My hunny and I will be at Disney for our 1 year anniversary in October, as well! We don't have traditions, yet - we both love to eat, though, so I see a special dinner being a regular thing for us.

For this year, he doesn't know that I've planned something already! I managed to get a 7:45 seating at the Rose and Crown. I've noted it's our anniversary, and I'm hoping to stop by early and note we'd like patio seating. I'm really hoping we can get patio fireworks view - he won't know what's happening until the show starts!

We usually just go out to a nice dinner here at home.
A couple of years ago I scored an ADR at BOG and was so excited since it was on our actual anniversary. We had the kids with us though LOL.
This year its our 20th and we will be going back to WDW just the two of us for F&W.

We will be celebrating our 28th anniversary this October. We will be at WDW the first week of October, our anniversary is the 14th. We're starting to plan our vow renewal for our 30th ( maybe at Disney?)
Congrats to the OP.

We are 27 years now. 15 and 25 we went to Europe those years. Like most, we try to do the bigger anniversaries with a bigger trip. #20 was a year with ilnesses in the family so you have to do what you can.
We got married on April 1st so that makes it easier for us not to forget our anniversary date though.

Our first anniversary DH was away at training and every anniversary since we've had kids so no big elaborate celebrations. Usually just a nice dinner at home and sometimes we re-watch the wedding video. We do celebrate our anniversary whenever we are at Disney though with a nice meal, it's just never in the actual month. :rotfl2: Like we are eating at Jiko in July to celebrate 4 years even though our anniversary is in March.

For our first we went to WDW and had our anniversary dinner at Cítricos which was lovely. We selebrated our 5th last week and we went out of dinner at the place that we held the reception.

We were married in October. For our 1st anniv we rented a cabin in a state park and enjoyed the fall trees. Life & kids got in the way of doing anything more than dinner out after that. Empty nesters now, hoping to celebrate our 30th in 2017 at Food & Wine Fest, staying a BWI and maybe dinner at Narcoossee's.

My husband and I have been married for 7 years. On our 6th, we had a vow renewal with a Gene Simmons impersonator at the KISS chapel at Monster Mini-Golf in Las Vegas. Other than that, he usually buys me one rose for each year we have been married. The anniversary we celebrate more by looking back/reflecting is the anniversary of the day we met (which was last Saturday). That's it, though. No anniversaries for every little thing.

Congrats!
We will be having dinner at Cali Grill on Oct 12th for our 25th!
Over the years its been something or some times nothing. Usual dinner somewhere.
When kids were little it was a good reason to do something in the fall. Anniversary fell somewhere near Columbus Day holiday that I get off. So for a long weekend we'd stay at a hotel somewhere and visit a zoo(weather in fall is nice) or museum.
Now that kids are older, it's nice that they watch the dog so we can still get away for the weekend alone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!