How do you book your site only reservations?

Maggie at the Fort

Mouseketeer
We have been home for 6 months and I am starting to dream of our next trip (hopefully in June 2019). I was curious, if you make a site only reservation how do you like to book? We have used AAA and a Disney specific travel agent. With AAA there were a few perks. With the Disney specific travel agent, there was really nothing except the inconvenience if having in the middle. Not even a have a nice trip email this last time! I would guess they don't make very much booking camp sites?
No matter how we have booked, checking in at the Fort has been easy. They have always had and honored our loop requests and actually suggested a different loop and improved our trip last time.

Soooo anyway my question is, How do you book through an agent? Directly through Disney?

We have been home for 6 months and I am starting to dream of our next trip (hopefully in June 2019). I was curious, if you make a site only reservation how do you like to book? We have used AAA and a Disney specific travel agent. With AAA there were a few perks. With the Disney specific travel agent, there was really nothing except the inconvenience if having in the middle. Not even a have a nice trip email this last time! I would guess they don't make very much booking camp sites?
No matter how we have booked, checking in at the Fort has been easy. They have always had and honored our loop requests and actually suggested a different loop and improved our trip last time.

Soooo anyway my question is, How do you book through an agent? Directly through Disney?
Directly through Disney. It's easy to do and Disney is great to work with.

I book all my stays directly through Disney. We make our reservation, pay the one night deposit, then finish paying off the reservation over time before we check in. I also make all my dinning reservations through MDE. I think doing it myself is easier than having a TA do it for me, especially if I need to make changes.

We have done it twice now with our CAA Disney rep who we've become good friends with. The only disadvantage as mentioned above is that you must go through them to make any payments on the trip.

Straight through Disney. I like full control of my planning.

Thanks to the disboards.com I educated my CAA Disney rep that she could book our room only reservation by phone 499 days out. Now to wait for any discounts/offers for our stay April 21-28.

Now to wait for any discounts/offers for our stay April 21-28.

A 'very' good luck on that!!!! (if you're talking campsites) We haven't had any discounts for several years. There have been a few special fall discounts for certain weeks at times, but that's all we've seen!

#North of Mouse, I'm just crossing my fingers that our daughter's cabin ressie will be discounted or they get free dining, either/or.

We have always done ours either by calling Disney directly, or just through the web site. Generally prefer calling Disney unless it's something like a weekend at an All-Stars. When calling the CM usually can answer other questions, and sometimes work a bit of Disney Magic that can't be done though the web site. We have only stayed in the cabins at the fort so far, and have now made reservations for a campsite, but not yet stayed at a campsite.

I've always booked directly through Disney, either online or by calling. I prefer to have control of it, as well.

I use a Disney specific travel agent. The reason, more important before I was booking campsites, is because she looks for discounts. It is the same discounts everyone hears about but I don’t stay on the phone for hours. My TA either got my room cheaper was kind enough if my current hotel/level was not available she would provide options if it was cheaper. Say I wanted POR but no discounts available but she would let me know if POFQ was available cheaper. Since a campsite, not the cabins, never have discounts and not really other options, I could book myself online.

Ok, understand! Thought you were talking the campsites!! :)
Yes and just found out we don't qualify for a discount on either the campsite or cabin: "Campsites included at 10% discount for Sunday through Thursday stays, April 29 through May 24, 2018." and cabins aren't included in the 20% discount. Our stay is April 21-28 - :(

Yes and just found out we don't qualify for a discount on either the campsite or cabin: "Campsites included at 10% discount for Sunday through Thursday stays, April 29 through May 24, 2018." and cabins aren't included in the 20% discount. Our stay is April 21-28 - :(

I hear ya! Ours is April 11-20, (campsite) so we miss it too!! :(

We have for the last three years always booked thru Disney online seems to be the most efficient way.

I booked thru Disney on my last trip but this time I can't get a campsite. Any tips on getting a campsite for Thanksgiving week 2018? Would a travel agent have better luck?

I booked thru Disney on my last trip but this time I can't get a campsite. Any tips on getting a campsite for Thanksgiving week 2018? Would a travel agent have better luck?
I would stalk the WDW website and call as much as I can. It couldn't hurt having a 2nd person doing this on your behalf also.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter